Anschutz Precise Stock.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tenring

Anschutz Precise Stock.

Post by tenring »

Does anyone have any feedback on this stock yet? I'm considering buying one for my 1813 action, but I have an opportunity to by a like new 2013 in the aluminum stock for not a whole lot more. Just trying to decide which way to go. Thanks for any feedback you Precise shooters or 2013 shooters may share. Maybe too what you were shooting before you converted to the metal stock.

Thanks!
Dave IRL

Post by Dave IRL »

Currently shooting a selected 1913 in a Precise stock, was previously shooting an 1807 in an 1813 stock. The Precise stock was initially much, much tougher on the front hand, as it was a lot narrower. Took a long time to get comfortable with the extra weight on that hand in a narrower area. I've now stuck a 10" tube from Eric U on it and had to tweak the handstop position to take the weight better as the discomfort was back. I'm shooting a lot better with the new gun. The Precise is a stunning piece of engineering with its click adjustment capabilities, low profile and so on. It fits and suits me, but stocks are so personal that it might not be right for you. I certainly can't complain.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I had the Anschutz 2002 in the aluminum stock, then the 9003 in the standard aluminum stock. I upgraded to the 9003 precise, and it was worth the swap for me. I think the stock has a better cant for head placement, and it is better balanced in my opinion. I only shoot offhand, but the numerical markings on the stock are very cool for adjustments. Personally I would never go back to the last generation aluminum stock. I think each update was an improvement. Good luck.
tenring

Post by tenring »

Thanks, I'm nearing my decision. I recently got to lay behind a 2013 and it felt so good and fit so well I knew I was going to have to upgrade. Compared to my 1810 and 1811.

I have had support hand pain issue's too. When I got the prone stock it got better, when I got one of Eric's tuners the pain came back, but I too have found a good hand position and can shoot for a while now.

I am concerned too though that the stock could cause some pain issue's on the support hand. The 2013 in the 2213 stock has been the best I have gotten to experiece. If I go for just a stock like the Precise I'll have two 1813 barreled actions for it. If I go the 2013 route, I'll have to sell one of them and plop down another $800...Ouch! But It might be worth it...

Thanks for more feedback if anyone else has some to share.

Tenring
ZD

Post by ZD »

I aquired a precise stock about 3 weeks ago, which upgraded my 1907 that was in a newer generation 1813 stock. I now shoot a 1907 in a precise stock. Although scores don't reflect it yet, it is a fantastic stock.

Buttplate: Standard newer Anschutz hook, seems simpiler than my older buttplate. The knob on the side of the stock that loosens the buttplate is very convenient.

Grip: Much more secure than older style, has two knobs to control the sideways and rotation of the grip. However, it does not move forward and back.

Forend: Very thin and shallow. Likes to cant in your hand. Otherwise, stock feels very well built and strong.

Cheekpiece. By far the best piece on the rifle. Both fine and course adjustment are easily done (and without tools I might add). Height adjusts on a course adjustment (loosen up a knob on the side, if you barely loosen it it will click down). Above the course adjustment is a fine knob, that allows about a centimeter of fine adjustment. If you didn't have enough to toy with, there are two knobs that you can click to rotate and or shift the cheekpiece left or right. The cheekpiece adjustment alone is worth the upgrade.

Balance: Not front heavy. Very surprising, but the rifle is well balanced.
tenpointnine

Pain issue

Post by tenpointnine »

There are 2 seperate issues here.
1)Choice of stock can be as important as choice of action. You can have the best action in the world (arguably a Bleiker?), but if the stock doesn't fit you won't realise its full potential.
I had a 2213 stock, but had to sell it because of the pain it caused in my left hand/base of thumb. It got to the stage that I couldn't grip a new jar of anything to unscrew the top with my right hand.
I sold this stock to someone with bigger hands than me (I'm 5'9") and he then experienced similar problems, so he sold it on again.
Someone in my club has just bought a new Precise stock and told me last night that he finds it extremely comfortable, better than his Walther ali stock which is too square in section, and better that the 2213 stock that he has also sold.
If the 2213 feels comfortable to you, however, I would go for it, which brings me to the second point.
2) If you buy the 2013, just buy an adapter for the 2013 stock to allow the use of the remaining 1813 action. I think that the main benefit, however, is you will also have the ability to buy additional barrels (like a Lilja drop-in @$370) for the 2013.

Walter
tenring

Post by tenring »

On the 2213, yea I've have gotten to lay down behind one once. Compared to what I was using (1811 prone) that is too long, yea the 2013 feels great. I did notice the pressure on the left hand didn't seem as evenly distributed as with my 1811, but I didn't really shoot it enough to really know. Second as for the 2213 stock I have not heard or seen any top knotch shooters using adaptors. I would only thing that would create a potential problem. Several friends have said to keep my two 1813's as their barrels are likely better than anything new I'm going to buy. Maybe true, maybe not, but that does save me some money just buying a good round action stock, one that fits, to unlock my full potential as you say. knowone really has said dump the old lousy round actions yet. If I could try a 2213 stock with the adaptor before I bought it, I might go with it, but dropping still over a grand for a stock that wasn't made for my round actions would be risky. The ease of barrel swaps would be nice, but totally not necessary at my level. It'll be awhile before I ever start outshooting what I have.
tenring

Precise Grip doesn't move?

Post by tenring »

Is that true? How is it affecting those that have this stock. Is it prob. I've never had a moveable grip anyways, but do think it could come in handy.

Tenring
KIM

Post by KIM »

Hi Tenring, I just put my old 1813 in a Walther KK300 Anatomic and I'm rapped, it's got all the adjustments of the Precise and the softness of wood :)
Attachments
03052011.jpg
oddsonjjf

precise stock

Post by oddsonjjf »

My daughter just went from a 2007/2013 to a 1907/1918precise. I would say that the big change and also what you are paying for is the ease in which you can adjust the stock. Very, very easy to move and obviously with precision. The stock is a gem. Pistol grip rotation is the only item within the configuration that is a bit of an issue.
gszeto99

Post by gszeto99 »

tenring wrote: Second as for the 2213 stock I have not heard or seen any top knotch shooters using adaptors.
If I could try a 2213 stock with the adaptor before I bought it, I might go with it, but dropping still over a grand for a stock that wasn't made for my round actions would be risky.
Just for the record. The 2213 alu stock is made for the 54 round action so no adapter is needed for the 18xx series rifles. The 2313 alu stock is for the 54 square action 20xx series rifles. The anschutz 4980 adapter plate is used to adapt a stock for the square action ie. 2313 alu stock to the 54 round action ie. 1813 rifle.

Gene
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

KIM wrote:Hi Tenring, I just put my old 1813 in a Walther KK300 Anatomic and I'm rapped, it's got all the adjustments of the Precise and the softness of wood :)
That's pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do with my 1813. Just been waiting for ever for the anatomic stock <ordered last year> :(

Rob.
yuan

Post by yuan »

A small village was troubled by a man-eating lion. So its leaders sent a message to the great hunter, Jonesie, to come and kill the beast.

For several nights the hunter lay in wait for the lion, but it never appeared. Finally, he told the village chief to kill a cow and give him its hide. Draping the skin over his shoulders, he went to the pasture to wait for the lion.

In the middle of the night, the villagers woke to the sound of blood-curdling shrieks coming from the pasture. As they carefully approached, they saw the hunter on the ground, groaning in pain. There was no sign of the lion.

"What happened, Jonesie? Where is the lion?" asked the chief.

"Forget the damn lion!" he howled. "Which one of you idiots let the bull loose?"
just a joke,hope you like it.

Black Gucci Backpack
Gucci Top Handles On Sale
gucci messenger bags for men