Robert Charles Fo... - Pistol Shooter from Florida?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Oz

Robert Charles Fo... - Pistol Shooter from Florida?

Post by Oz »

Even though I'm sidelined waiting for an elbow to heal, I couldn't pass up a great deal on a TOZ 35 at the local gun store. I was talking to one of the guys about Air Pistol and Olympic shooting and he said... "I have something that might interest you".

He brought out a clean TOZ 35 in the original wood box. He didn't know what it was, how much it was worth and thought it would be good to get rid of it. He said it came with group purchase of guns they bought from an estate sale here in Salt Lake City which a wife had after her husband died. It sat on the gun shop shelf for at least 4 years.

Inside was the original purchase receipt. Gun oil has made half the receipt disappear. Including the last name of the original owner. Being the curious chap I am, I was curious if this Robert guy was know among Free Pistol shooters.

It's Robert Charles Fo... from Englewood Florida. The pistol was bought new from SSME Deutsche Waffen. The importer was in Plant City, FL. A website was listed on the receipt, but the website/company is gone. Either someone in SLC, UT bought it from Robert or Robert moved to SLC.

There's more information about Robert including a credit card number written on the receipt (!) and an address (obviously at the time of purchase) but for obvious reasons I won't share any more of Robert's info.

I was mostly curious when it was purchased and how much it cost. That information is long gone from the receipt thanks to the gun oil.

All the best,
Oz