new action selected barrels

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rstriano

new action selected barrels

Post by rstriano »

where in the USA can i buy an anschutz 1913 with a selcetd barrel? if i have an old match 54, 1960's i think, would iu be better having a hart barrel put in that or getting the 1913 with a selected barrel? i am new to the sport and i am in love with shotting!!!

Thanks
redwine

Post by redwine »

I live in England, and had a Lijia barrel sent from the states, and fitted to my Anschutz.
tenpointnine

Selected barrel

Post by tenpointnine »

If you had a later model, say an 18 or 19 series (or even a 16 series), then it would probably be worth putting a new barrel on (Hart, Lilja, Shilen, Benchmark etc), but with an older 54 from the 60s I believe that you will be handicapping yourself with an inferior trigger (although still quite good) and slower lock time.
As Anschutz won't sell you a new action on its own, I would suggest you buy a new 19 (or 20) series with a SELECTED barrel, or try to find a used 18 or 19 series to put your Hart on (but make sure you try it first, it might already be a hummer!).

JMHO

Walter in England
tenpointnine

Selected barrel

Post by tenpointnine »

Duplicate post removed
Last edited by tenpointnine on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rstriano

Post by rstriano »

Thank you. Yes i do have the old single stage trigger and i bought some new springs. I called champions choice and they say they can't get selected actions/barrels.

Thank you all for your help. I think i'll get the match trigger and "Dremel" the edge of the action 2mm and the match trigger will fit. i have to wait 36 weeks for the Hart barrel.