Best RF pistol Pardini sp rf, morini rf, or MG2 RF.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
GregR

Best RF pistol Pardini sp rf, morini rf, or MG2 RF.

Post by GregR »

I wish to purchase one of these three but would like to know what people who own them or have tryed more than one really think, Pro's and Con's.
Any help appreciated.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

1/ are you 'beefy' or slight? makes a difference to pistol weight (e.g. Morini ALU vs Steel).

2/ all three are excellent for RFP with good triggers, low bore line, etc.

3/ I am biased (http://www.australiancynic.com/MoriniCM22RF.pdf), but the CM22MRF is easy to field strip, digests almost everything I have tried so far (6000+ rounds) and works out-of-the-box

4/ there is a difference in prices
jipe

Post by jipe »

I have been looking for one of these pistol too. In the list I had also the Walther SSP.

I didn't choose the Walther because I found it too complicated and didn't liked the trigger.

I excluded the MG2RF because there was no importer in my country -> no support at all.

The Pardini is surely an excellent choice, it is the most used pistol for RF and SP, butI didn't liked it because it is noze heavy.

When I started looking, the Morini wasn't my favorite (it was the Pardini) but after trying it, I liked it a lot: excellent trigger, excellent low in the hand position, nice raked grip, excellent balance and reaction after the shot, very simple to clean, very low weigth that allows to add weigths to adjust the balance to your taste (this is valid for the aluminium version).

So I bought the Morini CM22M RF aluminium and since then I am very happy with it. Less than one year after buying it, I was even forced to buy a second one because my wife took mine an never gave it back (it was my fault, I convince her to try it) !
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

I haven't tried the CM22RF nor the Walther SSP, but have held and dry-fired both. Wasn't impressed with either, but would pick the CM22 over the Walther for a number of reasons, not the least of which would be the vastly better trigger feel of the Morini.

I've owned an AW93, IZH35, Pardini SP1 Electronic, and finally settled on the MG-2. The AW93 was too slow to cycle. The IZH was hard to keep running consistantly as screws eventually came loose. The Pardini was far too nose heavy, but functioned flawlessly.

The MG-2 is by far the best compromise. It points instinctively, is light, returns quickly on recoil, has a beautiful trigger and the best sights of any standard pistol, bar none. My pair of MG-2's has been extremely reliable and will eat any ammo I put in them. In slow fire events it's not uncommon to have free-pistol-sized groups. But the real beauty is in the 4s rapidfire stage where shooting the MG-2 is just like squirting across the targets with a water hose in a continuous jet. I can't imagine shooting RF with anything else - it's just so easy to shoot the MG-2 well.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

Well you have to try all of them yourself. each shooter has different needs so naurally they like one gun more over the other. i have held pardini sp new and for me it had the right balance ( more weight to the front) and the grip felt very good. pity i could not shoot it. i have held the cm22rf alu and it felt super light even with all the weights. trigger was very good but the pistol i held didnt like eley's but would shoot anything else. walther ssp from my club with one small barrel weight had very good balance (more neutral) and the trigger was not bad. Problem is it regularly misfires. Another copy of a fellow shooter is running good. recoil of ssp is very good and when it went bang it was 10 or 9. Last is the MG2 (non-RF). This is my personal gun and the only one in greece. I bougth it even if i could not try it for several reasons. So far and less than 500 rounds the MG2 has performed better or on par with any other sport pistol i have shot. muzzle jump is minimal (remember it is the non rf version) and the trigger is quite nice. trigger has the same layout as in mg4 and it is a small departure from early mg2's setup. its balance is like pardini but a fraction lighter. All four are great pistols. One thing you must take into considaration is local dealers. for example tha walther dealer in my country seems to focus on military. pardini and morini do not have local dealers and that left me with matchguns that had a dealer more focused on ISSF shooting than the walther one.
PS one more pistol to consider would be hammerli SP20RRS. very well crafted and with a neutral to light balance. disadvantage is that the grip is molded with the lower frame and you have to be very careful on size selection. it s advantage is you can buy a .32 conversion kit and have one gun for all issf sport pistol events. plus in europe it has a very competive price.