"Practice" Air Pistol Targets from Nikkonos

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gwhite

"Practice" Air Pistol Targets from Nikkonos

Post by Gwhite »

MIT runs an intramural air pistol league, and is looking for cheap targets that don't shred like the typical US made targets. Edelmanns would be great, but are too pricey. The Cible targets are only slightly less expensive. I ran across a link for an eBay dealer in Canada that claims to have German made targets on thin paper that produce clean holes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-meter-Air-Pistol ... 5633338a0f

They are less than 1/4th the cost of Edelmann's. The league uses IZH's & Tau-7's, which probably don't approach the velocity of the Morini they fired the sample target with, so it's hard to say how clean the holes will be. Even if they aren't as good as Edelmann's, if they are significantly better than the US targets we use now, it would be a step in the right direction.

I did a search, and came up with a couple postings, with mixed reviews. That was over 2 years ago, and I'm hoping to get a broader sample of opinions.

Thanks!
zuckerman

re: practice targets

Post by zuckerman »

howdy,
I'm using Kruger targets from gold medal shooting...
http://www.goldmedalshooting.com/
pistols targets $75/1000 (roughly $85 shipped.. ) quality is as good as edlemann...
ifn you're gonna shoot and score them, get the best you can.. if you're just plinking, cheap is good enough.. but why just throw lead down range when you can work on your techniques to get better..

no affiliation etc..
mhkhung

Re: "Practice" Air Pistol Targets from Nikkonos

Post by mhkhung »

Gwhite wrote:MIT runs an intramural air pistol league, and is looking for cheap targets that don't shred like the typical US made targets. Edelmanns would be great, but are too pricey. The Cible targets are only slightly less expensive. I ran across a link for an eBay dealer in Canada that claims to have German made targets on thin paper that produce clean holes:
If you don't plan to shoot more than a couple shots into it, it's fine.. otherwise it's only good for practice..

With Edelmanns, you can basically put 10 holes inside the 9 ring one AND still be able to count each accurately.. there's no way you can do that with the ebay ones..
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The intramural matches are 10 shots per target, but anyone who can shoot a tight group is on the collegiate team, so my understanding is that the holes are typically not very close together...
jimsoars

Post by jimsoars »

My experience with the practice targets from eBay is very good. I bought a couple thousand. Generally my LP10 punches clean holes in them and I generally shoot 5-10 shots per target. They are many times better than the US targets that rip terribly. The dealer is VERY nice. I asked for a sample of the the targets so I could test them and was willing to pay and he sent them to me for free. After shooting them I bought a bunch.

They are not as good as the high quality targets but more than suitable for practice and casual competition.

One of the big factors in target performance can be humidity. I don't have the problem here in Denver, but back east it was a big problem. I have been known to throw some targets in the microwave before shooting and it can make a difference. Just don't burn the place down.. :)
Jim
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

I will say that the Krueger targets are better than Edelman's IMHO. I have seen our New York State International Postal Team switch to them and even the Izzies make nice holes in these targets---they are our official targets for these competitions. The price makes them a no-brainer compared to the higher priced Edlemans. "Doc-The Crotchety Ole Coach"
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Where do you buy Krueger targets? The only place I found in the USA wants $75/1000, which isn't that much cheaper than Edelmann.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Order directly from Kruger

www.krueger-targets.com

Even with hefty shipping charge, it is still cheaper to order directly from Kruger.
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

1000 from Kruger is about Euro 25, shipping about 20, 45 Euro + credit card sur charge is about $65. Still cheaper than ordering here in US 75 + 15 shipping.
Ricardo as guest

Post by Ricardo as guest »

This may seem stupid to some, but the nasty American targets do well after a coat of 50% white glue in water. Hang dry. Coat the back only.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

GWhite,

For whats its worth, I can atest to dealing with the parent companyof Nikoos, which is Cibles Targets www.targets.ca. It a family run business.
They are excellent to deal with, and are one of a handfull of ISSF business in Canada.

I beleive Don Nygord used to sell these targets for what its worth.

Hope this helps,

Brian
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

http://www.krueger-target.com/sch_en_ar ... wUllpqOOXJ

I ordered 3000 of center target. Total 41 Euro, shipping 52 Euro. Total charge to my VISA about $140.
customs954

CIBLES

Post by customs954 »

Definitely give Jocelyn a try at CIBLES in Canada. He is a very nice fellow to deal with and very responsive to your requests. He sells under Nikonos on EBAY as well. Sells FWB and Morini and stocks lots of parts.Can't go wrong with him.

Rob