Pardini recoil shock buffer need help

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
customs954

Pardini recoil shock buffer need help

Post by customs954 »

Recently purchased new pardini sp new .22. Gun was having a lot of miss feeds and failures to pick up round from magazine. I noticed on two other club members who purchased at same time that their slide moved much easier than mine, not as stiff. Upon examination of all three pistols we noticed that my pistol came without the rear recoil buffer from the factory. I beleive this is resulting in the spring compressing more resulting in the stiff feel which is causing lighter ammo to not drive the slide back hard enough thus not picking up the next round. Not to mention that the gun could have been damaged if fired much more(it appears OK at this point). My question is has any one ever replaced this buffer and do you have tips to do so. I was thinking perhaps a wood dowl with a bit of grease to stick the buffer on then down the frame into the hole?? Im still trying to locate a buffer from supplier of gun but may have to get one from Pardini in Italy. Not happy with gun showing up like that. I dont think I would have twigged if I did not own FAS 602 with similar buffing system. If anyone has a buffer for sale or advice would appreciate it.
thick_as_a_whale_omelet

Post by thick_as_a_whale_omelet »

I have no clue what you're asking about. Please refer to the Pardini exploded view, available as a pdf on their web site if necessary, and specify what part you're referring to.
BarryG

Post by BarryG »

If you are talking about part # 817 recoil buffer you should be able to get one from Larry's Guns in Maine. Web is WWW.Larry'sguns.com
customs954

recoil buffers

Post by customs954 »

received info from pardini that they are leaving out the buffer on the newer production sp new as they deem it to be not required. This would explain why it was missing on the new gun. I put a lighter spring in the gun and now slide moves much more freely. Will shoot the gun to see if ammo woes are over.