Where are all the used pistols?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Post by Rover »

FWB 102 ain't too shabby, either.
CraigE

100 Series and others

Post by CraigE »

The 103 has a unique feature among SSP pistols. The cocking handle can be removed easily after cocking which makes the 103 among the lightest of APs. This may (or may not) be important to you. If your preference leans to more weight/forward balance, it is simple to merely leave the handle in place.

That being said, the 103, when available, tends to be in the $1000 realm. For something in the same $ range as a new SSP, you might consider the Pardini K58 since they are still in production. Older K58s are sometimes available in the $500 neighborhood. These too are excellent pistols with good ergonomics and a very high quality trigger.

I have owned both/shot both very satisfactorily. I kept the FWB103. For me, the superlative trigger and the low weight tipped the balance.

I do find that an SSP mitigates concern about "number of shots per charge" and "low temperature alters POI". Others don't like the "distraction" of charging the pistol for each shot. These are the personal aspects of selecting a pistol. The quality and accuracy inherent are not an issue at all. Good luck in making your choices. Be well/shoot well.
kevinweiho

buy the FWB 103...

Post by kevinweiho »

I agree with CraigE.

I own a FWB 80, P34 and a P103.

All of them are great pistols to shoot, but i use my 103 more oftenly.
I too, am spoiled and will not want to go back to springers!

Like the rest of the guys have said, first indulge yourself with an IZH-46M, then move along with la crème de la crème. You won't regret it.

Happy shooting!

Kevin

Airgun aficionado from Costa Rica
paw080

Re: Where are all the used pistols

Post by paw080 »

robinhoods wrote:I see a FWB 102 but in the 100 series the 103 is the one you want.Right?
Also saw an LP 1 but they want $1200. Maybe I should take an SSP over a CO2 only because I live in the state of NY and we get lots of cold weather here.
Is the FWB 103 the best in that category. It seems lately I spend most of my time looking for the right pistol on my computer.
David
Hi David, I see you've been having fun researching for a suitable match
air pistol. I'm not so sure that the fwb mod 103 is $500 better than the mod 100.
The cocking handle is removable, which nobody does, maybe the 103 has a
better airstripper, I think the triggers are nearly the same, the front and
rear sights are the same, the later model 103's came with a Morini grip, which
I'm also not sure is an improvement. I will say that the LP1-C is a far better
match pistol than the 103. The LP1-C that you saw for $1200 is exactly
$400 over priced. Make sure that if you get an LP1, it is the second version,
that has compensator slots on either side near the front sight, and that it
comes with aluminum CO2 cylinders. The LP1-C pair currently in the TT classifieds are
the older versions. You cannot go wrong with any of the
FWB mod 1xx series SSPs and as recommended somewhere, the
Pardini K58 is also an exceptional SSP match pistol. One last thing,
Jim Edmundson is a frequent poster here and on the Yellow forum, He can
find FWB mod 103's and Steyr LP1-C's for you.

Tony G
robinhoods

where are all the used pistols

Post by robinhoods »

OK just one more thing.
I like the SSP guns but not their velocity. You don't need anything but pellets.
The co2 guns are faster and that means a flatter shooter. The only thing is the powerlets. How many can you go through in a year of heavy shooting.
I have heard some people say they shoot a hundred shots at least everyday and I know about the bulk fill but if I have to buy a tank I might as well bite the bullet and get the air pistol.
They had a tau 7 up earlier and I almost bought it. I read somewhere the it get over 600fps with a 7.5 gr. pellet.
Oh well My problem will be solved soon.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Pardon my ignorance, but I see no advantage of a flatter shooting AP unless one is shooting silhouette. What am I missing?
Thanks!
Ben
CraigE

velocity for SSP

Post by CraigE »

My 103 chronies at about 510 fps. Consistent. No drop off and very negligible variation...less that 2 fps either way ....ever. The K58 was in high 470's IIRC. IZH-46 (not "M") does about 470 as well I think. Works very well for silhouette. The majority of shooters I see at AP silhouette matches use either IZH or Crosman 2300. There are a few others, but 75% are either CO2 or SSP. To each his/her own, but I experience no deficiency with SSP.
roostonu

Re: 100 Series and others

Post by roostonu »

CraigE wrote:The 103 has a unique feature among SSP pistols. The cocking handle can be removed easily after cocking which makes the 103 among the lightest of APs. This may (or may not) be important to you. If your preference leans to more weight/forward balance, it is simple to merely leave the handle in place.

That being said, the 103, when available, tends to be in the $1000 realm. For something in the same $ range as a new SSP, you might consider the Pardini K58 since they are still in production. Older K58s are sometimes available in the $500 neighborhood. These too are excellent pistols with good ergonomics and a very high quality trigger.

I have owned both/shot both very satisfactorily. I kept the FWB103. For me, the superlative trigger and the low weight tipped the balance.

I do find that an SSP mitigates concern about "number of shots per charge" and "low temperature alters POI". Others don't like the "distraction" of charging the pistol for each shot. These are the personal aspects of selecting a pistol. The quality and accuracy inherent are not an issue at all. Good luck in making your choices. Be well/shoot well.
Pardini K58 is still in production? I think not.....
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

OK
I bought a Pardini K58 in excellent condition and I can't wait to get it.
This will do until I go up to the big Steyr PCP.
David
Thanks for all the good advice
robinhoods

Here is my K58

Post by robinhoods »

Can't stop shooting it (from a bench rest ).
Attachments
IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0662.JPG
IMG_0664.JPG
EricC

Re: Where are all the used pistols

Post by EricC »

paw080 wrote: Make sure that if you get an LP1, it is the second version,
that has compensator slots on either side near the front sight, and that it
comes with aluminum CO2 cylinders. The LP1-C pair currently in the TT classifieds are
the older versions.
Tony G
Even without the compensator, the older LP1-Cs are great guns. The compensator versions are nice, but the old style is still a very capable gun. I purchased those LP-1s from the BST classifieds and they are indeed the earliest examples, with the original one spring trigger. After cleaning them up and inspecting the seals shot one of them last night in our local league and managed a 570, with 4 eights. My only criticism of the earliest examples is that the rear sight does have the variable width feature, and the steel cylinders (even the short ones) are a bit heavy.

Of course the FWB 100 series are also very nice. The new separator can be installed on the M100s, but a bit of material needs to be removed from the inside. If you look in the 10-P files at the FWB 100, you will see an example of such an edition (I sold that gun to the moderator about 9 years ago.) I imagine that the FWB100 series pistols are demanding a bit more on the used market.

EricC
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

I saw an ad for a 100 Series air pistol right along side an ad for the P44 and the P56-It was for the FWB 103.
It said regular price was $2999 now only $2056.56.

http://www.taylorgunsmithing.net/Shop-b ... addf9c874c
David