scoping a 10m air rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

MontereyJack

scoping a 10m air rifle

Post by MontereyJack »

I have a Ans 8002 and suck at 10m so I would like to put a scope on it and jack the speed up to shoot Field target do should I dump this and get a FT rifle
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

Dump it and get a FT rifle if that is what you want to do. You could scope the 10m rifle and use it for silhouette in both Open and Target Class but using it for FT would be difficult. I have shot FT using my 10m and it can be done but your shooting against people shooting 12-20 ft lbs and your pushing 6 it is hard to compete at 55 yards in the wind lol.

Don't get into trying to convert your 10m into a FT or send it off you will just be wasting your money. Sell the 10m as is and buy a FT rig ready to go. You might even post it up for a trade for a FT rig never know what someone might want to swap.

Bo
yana

Post by yana »

Some countries have a 7.5J class for 10m rifles.
If the 8002 pcp or ssp? If ssp, its not gonna do 12Ftp ever. But most pcp's can be cracked up to 12Ftp though.
robf

Post by robf »

you will probably want to chat to Dave Welham at Airmasters or Jon Harris, both in the UK, both who have vast experience at winding up Anschutzs for FT use.

Try airgunforum.net airgunbbs.com or shooting-the-breeze.com (my own place)... Jon/Hareng hangs out on those from time to time. Airmasters will need to be looked up on the web.

Post by Guest »

geez MJ, you know it all -- if you suck at measly 10 meters, you will suck harder at FT. But folks try to help you & you know it all anyway