1907 Stock Adjustment -- How?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Leo

1907 Stock Adjustment -- How?

Post by Leo »

Folks, UPS just replace the cracked 1907 stock that was damaged in transit - so now I have a brand new stock - does anyone have a guide as to how to adjust the LOP and cheek piece on this wooden stock? (I've looked at it - but I'd had hoped for a guide sheet (i.e., loosen washer and then?). Yes, I'm a newbie and brand new to this rifle. :)

Thanks for the help.
ps. I'll start another post soon - anyone want to buy a cracked 1907"L" stock? (LOL).
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Any pictures?

Post by Guest »

Older 1907 stocks had the LOP and cheekpiece height increased by inserting wedges between butt/cheekpeice and stock. This was to conform with the rules of the UIT Standard Rifle class.

The butt is adjusted by sliding the buttplate (or removing it) by loosening the central fixing bolt to reveal the two 4mm hex-headed bolts that hold the butt plate assembly to the stock. The bolts are loosended and factory plastic spacers or a wooden wedge can be inserted in the gap to give the desired LOP. You could slip washers of the bolts for the same effect.

The cheekpiece works in the same way. The bolts are set in holes underneath the butt, you'll need a long allen key for this. The cheekpice can be tilted for cant by used angled washers, and also offset a little.

Newer 1907 stocks have a thumbscrew mechansim for the LOP and cheepiece I believe.

Tim S
UK
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

I was asking because I also have a 1907 and I was wondering if it is the same as Leo's..I have also seen in the web that another 1907 was different than mine.
Now everything is clear.I have the old(unfortunately) stock.
I got to get a new one.
mobarron

Post by mobarron »

The first question is whether the stock has a rubber or metal buttplate. I'm assuming that it's rubber from the two previous posts. Anschutz makes/made two types of spacers for the buttplate - shiney plastic about .25" thick and a thinner angled and dull fiberglass. Spacers can also be made from 1/4" or 3/8" bass wood or plywood following the contour of the buttplate and cheekpiece with a scroll saw. All of it works. If you're interested in the Anshutz stuff e-mail me at mobarron@charter.net and I'll send you photos. Mike Barron
Lafe Kunkel

Post by Lafe Kunkel »

I am very interested in the cracked stock. Send me a pm or email to lkunkel38@hotmail.com to talk about it. I need to put together a left handed gun for our rifle club, and this could be a perfect candidate.
Leo

Lafe -- UPS has tried "3" time to make the deliver

Post by Leo »

Lafe, just in case you're not checking your personal e-mail, UPS tracking has indicated that they've tried 3 times to deliver the 1807L stock and not respons... please send me a PM or reply with status. Regards, Leo