Anybody interested in Baikal IZH-46M?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

I just received this e-mail, and since Pilguns does not carry this pistol any more , so it is not in conflict with his bussines:

October 2009

In This Issue
IZH-46M
MP-532
Quick Links
Airguns of Arizona
Order Online
Baikal Product
AOA Blog
Dear les,

Do not wait any longer! We now have the Baikal IZH-46M pistols in stock. We decided to go directly to the Russian factory for supply to ensure that we had enough inventory to supply the US demand. As the importer we now have hundreds of 46M's coming on a regular interval, so supply should maintain. Also, buying direct from Baikal, we are able to offer the 10-meter match rifle, MP-532, which was only briefly imported into the US in the past. See below for details of these models, and order now if you are wanting an IZH-46M or MP-532!

Sincerely,

Airguns of Arizona
480-461-1113

Baikal IZH-46M
Do you have champagne taste with a beer budget? If so, the IZH-46M is the pistol for you! Made in Russia by Baikal, the IZH-46M is a match pistol, which can stand against multi-thousand dollar pistols in terms of accuracy, reliability, and comfort. All for the amazing price of $359.00! And the best part is...they are no longer on an endless backorder status! That's right...Airguns of Arizona has the IZH-46M in stock, ready to ship.
Baikal MP-532
Based on the IZH-46M listed above, the MP-532 is a match rifle with everything you need to compete without breaking the bank. The MP-532 includes a series of barrel weights which can be adjusted for balance, an adjustable butt pad, 2-stage trigger, and a very nice diopter match sight set. A great bargain at $695.00.
echosierra3

Post by echosierra3 »

Will Airguns of Arizona be handling repairs and parts now for the Izzy?
Ricko

Post by Ricko »

.....for the amazing price of $359.

Nope. :(
Too heavy, last century technology in comparison with a compressed air pistol system. Why should someone in the right mind financially support manufactory, which does not have any intentions to improve existed model for decades.
By the way, in the long run, you will see amazing benifits of using this wonderful devise as a back pain, tennis elbow, and other issues related.

What other benifits are there besides of making your own profit, what could you provide for our targe shooting community?
Pure profit guy

And the best part is.....

Post by Pure profit guy »

Do you have champagne taste with a beer budget? If so, the IZH-46M is the pistol for you! Made in Russia by Baikal, the IZH-46M is a match pistol, which can stand against multi-thousand dollar pistols in terms of accuracy, rDo you have champagne taste with a beer budget? If so, the IZH-46M is the pistol for you! Made in Russia by Baikal, the IZH-46M is a match pistol, which can stand against multi-thousand dollar pistols in terms of accuracy, reliability, and comfort. All for the amazing price of $359.00! And the best part iseliability, and comfort. All for the amazing price of $359.00! And the best part is.....
Cost of chiropractic care
Do not get excited a lot about the purchase price of your tool. Spend some time for fitness and knowledge development. Otherwise, get ready to pay thousands of dollars for back pain medication.
By the way, about the amazing price… It is less than $80 of the manufacturing price if I’m not mistaken. So, in my point of view, all of this excitement is only about pure profit
echosierra3

Post by echosierra3 »

Kinda late for that huh?
TXBlackpot

Good American made competition air pistol

Post by TXBlackpot »

Our local 4H is starting a pistol shooting sport team. I currently have several IZH's. I would love to get a good American made target air pistol - any good and economical ones out there?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Sure....the Skanaker.
DenLilleBayer

Re: Anybody interested in Baikal IZH-46M?

Post by DenLilleBayer »

ANYBODY INTERESTED IN TEH BAIKAL 1ZH-46M?

NO !
sbtzc

Post by sbtzc »

All of this disparaging posting is really too bad.

The IZH 46M is an affordable, reliable, competition-grade gun. The technology my be outdated, but that's what you get for the price.

There sure as hell isn't anything else even close for the money.
little_doodie

Post by little_doodie »

I must agree.
Izh 46M is an very good pistol for the $$.
Will you see one in the olympics?... no but for low $$ training you really cant beat it.
And true of there was an american made gun close to this I would buy it but there isn't.
America makes very little Match equipment and that's a little sad.
bijupaul

Post by bijupaul »

sbtzc wrote:All of this disparaging posting is really too bad.

The IZH 46M is an affordable, reliable, competition-grade gun. The technology my be outdated, but that's what you get for the price.

There sure as hell isn't anything else even close for the money.
I second sbtzc,
I started with this gun, because it was affordable to me, It was self powered and of course as mentioned in many threads here, it is quiet accurate.
This gun showed me what can I do in this sport. Now I shoot with an LP10, if I wouldn't had brought the IZH 46M,I wouldn't had brought the Steyr. I'm sure I am not alone, many more are there and many more to come.

Biju
Rover

Post by Rover »

I don't know what you guys are kvetching about.

LesJ offered some info to shooters who might be interested, with no motive but helping.

I don't like the IZH and wouldn't own one, but if you put one in LesJ's hands (he doesn't own one either) I know he'd clean your clock at a match with it.

If you don't think there is a lot of interest in this gun just do a search for it on here, especially the Classified. There is nothing else available for the price.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

IZH-46m not Olympic grade?

Wrong, there are quite a few used in both men and women modern pentathalon 10m 10 shots shooting section. If you look at the www.nbcolympics.com modern pentathalon 2008 Olympics, match up bib number on their jersey with posted scores, you will find IZH-46M shoots as well as those Morinis and Steyrs.
customs954

IZH 46 M

Post by customs954 »

Hey I dont knoiw what all the griping is about re the IZH or AIRGUNS OF Arizona. I dont know the fellow there but congratulations for taking the initiative to acquire this fine and in demand air gun. Good luck hope you sell a ton of them. As to you guys who are putting up the negatives I say what gives? Im 55 and have never had any of the pains you describe. This is not football you know. Try going to the gym or something. You cant beat this pistol for the price. Mine is perfect. It has improved my overall shooting expecially the TOZ free pistol. Try finding a North American gun that shoots this good. Also you dont need all the accessories of a gas or air tank gun. Some people dont want tp spend 1500 to 2000 right off the bat, in order to see if they even want to do the sport. Maybe you cant compare it to a top line Morini or Steyr for overall ergnomics but I bet it shoots just as straight and costs tons less. So please lets keep our comments real and fair.

Rob
bentrod920

Post by bentrod920 »

Buy it, well worth the price, they will shoot at the master level. I have no problem with mine and I am 72.
BobRI

I suspect a troll

Post by BobRI »

Probably the same person is posting all the negative comments in this thread, that's why he's not logging on to post.

The fact that the 46M year after year sells out so often and the fact they usually get close to their new price in resale value speaks for it.
izzy2

Izzy

Post by izzy2 »

Clamped in a solid vise, I will put my Izzy up against any of your guns any time. It shoots ONE HOLE with five shots. I didn't have to spend a fortune for it either. I know two world class shooters using the 46m. Shoot what you want, and be happy.
Quinn

Izzy

Post by Quinn »

Ive been shooting My m46 almost everyday for 6 months now. It has been very reliable and accurate. no problems with it. I use it for metallic silhouette and go up against PCP's at every match. Can't say that I feel outmatched. For most the M46 is more accurate than the shooter.

Not sure where you would get the idea that it is outdated. Oh yea, you have to pump it to use it. Guess what, Ive seen a couple out at the range with their hand pumps going for 3 Bar. Now that will do your back a whole lot of good. Never stressed my back with the Izzy.

I will most likely get a LP10 this year but I know I will still be using my IZH 46 M for practice and my take on vacation pistol. Grab some pellets and the cleaning kit and I'm good to go. Never have to worry about running out of air.

Glad to hear the the IZH will be available. My son in law has been wanting one.
paulo

Post by paulo »

I have an IZH46m and it out shoots me everyday.
Great for learning due to low price, heavy in comparison to others, very accurate, low maintenance, quiet and good for home range practice, bad grips for large hands, low fps but enough to get the job done at 10 meters, easy to pump, likes most pellets.
I am wondering if anybody has used a Baikal MP-672, and if the guy from the Arizona store is importing those as well?!
http://home.wxs.nl/~bandamh/Schermereyland/svse22.html
I am also wondering if anybody has attempted to design an adapter for aluminum air tanks for the IZH 46M, that would be interesting (considering air regulation, pressure equlibria, etc, almost impossible but a thought for the engineer inclined).
paulo

Post by paulo »

My 46M is very accurate, and heavy, but at ten meters I can second Izzy2 statement.