Is Remington/Eley ammo any good?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Greg Knutzen

Is Remington/Eley ammo any good?

Post by Greg Knutzen »

I just noticed remington and eley make a target ammo. Is it to the same specs as regular eley ammo?
Sandy

Eley ammo

Post by Sandy »

I do not know about Remington. Here is the information on Eley.

Tenex and Match Extra Plus are Tenex Equipment produced.
The first character of the lot starts with W for Tenex and M for Match Extra Plus.
The second character is the machine it was produced on; X for X machine etc. There are 4 Tenex machines W, X, Y, and Z.
The third character is the year designation. D is 1999, E is 2000, F is 2001 etc.
The other numbers are the sequential lots from that configuration.

All other Eley products are built on completely different machines. The only real designation is the third letter which indicates the year of manufacrure.

Another excellent match ammo is RWS R50, made by Dynamint Nobel. It does not have a code break-down like Eley, but RWS R50 has been my ammo of choice for many years.
Sandy

Eley ammo

Post by Sandy »

I do not know about Remington. Here is the information on Eley.

Tenex and Match Extra Plus are Tenex Equipment produced.
The first character of the lot starts with W for Tenex and M for Match Extra Plus.
The second character is the machine it was produced on; X for X machine etc. There are 4 Tenex machines W, X, Y, and Z.
The third character is the year designation. D is 1999, E is 2000, F is 2001 etc.
The other numbers are the sequential lots from that configuration.

All other Eley products are built on completely different machines. The only real designation is the third letter which indicates the year of manufacrure.

Another excellent match ammo is RWS R50, made by Dynamint Nobel. It does not have a code break-down like Eley, but RWS R50 has been my ammo of choice for many years.
Bill Poole

Rem Eley

Post by Bill Poole »

I saw it and assumed that Rem is having eley print "remington" on some boxes so they can resell it thru their supply chain and both will get sales they wouldn't otherwise get. Rem/eley was a dollar or some more than eley .

Same stuff as Eley Black box EPS, in fact same box and lable except it has Green "remington" printed over it.

i also heard they Rem no longer sells eley ammo.

but its still on rems website

it includes the text: "The Remington/Eley line of competition Rimfire ammunition has quickly become a mainstay of competition and novice target shooters alike."

hmmmmmmmmm WHAT competition target shooters?

Poole
Paedagogus

Re: Is Remington/Eley ammo any good?

Post by Paedagogus »

Greg Knutzen wrote:I just noticed remington and eley make a target ammo. Is it to the same specs as regular eley ammo?
I personally know at least one national championship that won with it. I have never seen a dud. I do know it is made by Eley, manufactured using their newer digital manufacturing equipment, and I've been told it is similar to many of the other European shooting products resold in America: rejected seconds or thirds. I still think is more accurate than 99% of all shooters -- especially in pistol.

Aguila purchased Eley's old analog equipment.

The biggest selling points for me is that it is much cheaper than Eley, and has been 100% reliable in everything we have tried.

I pay about $75 for 10 boxes.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:23 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a part of an earlier post regarding Eley ammo.

I contacted Zanders, the importer of Eley ammunition, thinking that perhaps my information might not be up-to date. Cathy Winstead sent this reply:
Thanks for your interest in Eley. Eley produces 3 grades of ammo for Remington...Target Rifle, Club, and Match. They do not have any tenex co-branded. As far as the lot #'s go the website is correct. For the last few years Eley has been using a third alpha, this being the crimp machine, but now they have eliminated that from the number. The second letter indicates the year it was produced in. The first number indicates the machine they are built on and there are 4 Tenex/Match machines.
You are correct that the others are built on a different machine, but the second letter is the year it was built. If you have any more questions feel free to ask and good shooting.
LJH

Rem. Eley Target

Post by LJH »

Excellent Ammo. Shoots in the ones out of my Savage BTVS At 50 yds. Shoots in the threes at 100 yds. Very consistant, try the Rem. target in the yellow top box. You will be suprised at the groups you can get out of a Ruger 10/22 HB also. I strongly recomend it.
Benito

Re: Is Remington/Eley ammo any good?

Post by Benito »

[quote="Greg Knutzen"]
Is Remington/Eley ammo any good
[quote]

Phooo....... yes and no....!
rkcal22

Post by rkcal22 »

Paedagogus. You mention that European shooting products sold in America are rejects ? Do you have positive information to back that up ? I ask because from a business point it would be dumb. The good old USA probably buys 25% or more of the high end equipment sold in the world. Only because of our liberal guns laws and cash in the hand makes our market ripe for sales. If any company was caught selling substandard equipment and it got out to the Internet they could be out of business in a very short time. Just my 2 cents worth. I use SK Match and Wolf Extra in my better old single shot rifles and a Kimber 82AA and will be trying the new Federal stuff that came back onto the market recently. Richard