Benneli MP90S 22LR

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

WaltherGSPmannetje

Re: Grip Removal

Post by WaltherGSPmannetje »

Fantastic, thanks for your help and merry Xmas and a happy new year !
Labayer wrote:Turns out that what is required for grip removal is a longish 6mm hex wrench. The one I tried initially didn't work because it had a ball end and there wasn't enough space in the nut to properly grip. Once I used a square end, worked fine.

To remove the Nill grips, unscrew the bolt holding the palm rest, drop out the threaded cylinder, and use the hex wrench to remove the grip.

Lee
Mass Shooter

Re: MP-90S Ammo Likes & Dislikes

Post by Mass Shooter »

Bill Treanor wrote:I've been shooting an MP-90S for several months and shot it in my second Bullseye match back in October. I enjoy shooting it. I have found that CCI Pistol Match gives me the best groups at 50 yds, but my shooting ability doesn't really warrant the added expense. I use CCI Standard Velocity also.

I tried S&K Pistol Match but had some problems with it doubling. Switching to CCI solved the problem.

I did have one empty bounce off the bottom of my red dot scope and wedge between the bolt and the barrel causing my first alibi. However, I cleaned my first target (ever!) with it in timed fire :-)
Well, been shooting the MP90S for a few weeks now and enjoying the feel and balance. I have it outfitted with the LGI Ultra Scope Mount, Ultradot Match Dot scope and been experimenting with a few ammo brands. It doesn't like Aquila SE Extra (too many mis-feeds) but really finds a home with CCI SV. Recently shot my personal best in SF, TF, RF. with the CCI SV. ... I did pick up a brick of Wolf MT to try but at nearly twice the expense... trying to find the optimal balance with form function and costs.
Cleaning from the breech with an Otis cleaning kit. Works terrific!
Wingnut

Bennelli 90

Post by Wingnut »

Bough a used 90 & really like the gun my problem is stove piping. I used wolf match target & rws target rifle. is the casing hitting the scope, or is the way i hold the gun. HELP
Mass Shooter

Re: Bennelli 90

Post by Mass Shooter »

Wingnut wrote:Bough a used 90 & really like the gun my problem is stove piping. I used wolf match target & rws target rifle. is the casing hitting the scope, or is the way i hold the gun. HELP
Wingnut, ... check out the new Ultramount bracket offered by Larry's Guns, the bracket deflects the spent case out to the side. Simple to mount with (1) counter sink screw. No dinging the scope with that system.
Per Larry's comment to me directly, The Benelli is said to like the european rimfire brands, but mine eats CCI SV extremely well with no issues. Check out the "used" section on Larry's site, at one time they had a used LGI bracket at a nice savings. I just missed it!
I have a couple bricks of Wolf MT but I haven't tried them yet.
Let me know how you make out.
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

Mass shooter
I do have one of those mounts , every other casing gets caught in it. I am verry frustrated with it for the money.I went out & bought a High standard that I been watching since thanksgiving & Im going to used CCI in it, so I will try them in the 90 Thanks