NG 20x33 spotting scope

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

zoned

NG 20x33 spotting scope

Post by zoned »

Anyone know the eye relief distance for this scope that our host sells? If you have a 20x33 and wear glasses, can you see the bull without needing to remove your glasses to get your eye closer to the scope?
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Yes, but you'll have to roll the eyecup back. I use mine for everything out to 50 yards. Works fine.
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

I agree with Mike M. It works with my shooting / safety glasses, however, that is the limit of the eye releif. The lens of my glasses needs to be very close or touching the eyepiece lens to see the full field of view, however I can be another 1/8 or so back and still see the black at 10M.

It is just about perfect for anything from 10 to 25 meters. I've never used it at less than 10m but I think it will focus down to 5m.

For it's size it is remarkably good, however it is not as good as the high end scopes at 50 yards/meters and further. In good lighting I can see all 22 holes. In marginal lighting, shade or cloudy conditions I sometimes can't see one or two shots and can't always see doubles or accurately score shots that are close to the line.

It is as good at resolving shots as my other, much larger 15-40x inexpensive spotting scope; I think it is a Tasco, I forget the model. The ability to zoom really doesn't help score 22's at 50 or 100 yards. You need a bigger objective and high quality optics.

It is a great scope. I'm glad I got it when I did (stronger dollar, cheaper price) but it is still competitive with other options in my opinion.

Best regards,
Steve Turner