(I would suggest you read the discalimers on all image sites, in some cases the images you upload to some of these sites can be used in whatever manner the site wishes.)
I wanted to create this post to give people some idea on how to post pics in forums. I like clicking on a post to see an image of what is being sold.
Posts with no images are boring.
This works for every forum. The procedure is the same. Pictures take up a lot of hard drive space and lot of forums don't like being repositories for pictures.
To post pics use a free image hosting website.
There are dozzens of them from Flicker, imageshack, Google picasa and my new favorite http://postimg.org/
A picture is worth a thousand words and a thousand less emails of questions.
1. Take a picture, in fact take several pics. The more you have the better. Take detailed pics of anything unusual, scratches, features or additional items. In fact see if you can set your camera to take the highest resolution it can. Remember to set it back because high resolution images take up a lot of memory on your SD card. Some people don’t know this.
White backgrounds work best. If the item is larger use a white sheet and smooth it out. Keep non subject matter out of the pics.
No pets or cute kids ;)
2.Create a folder on your computer desktop and label it what it is going to contain, it becomes helpful later when you need to move/copy pictures you have taken from your camera or cell phone to your labled folder.
screen capture windows
3. No need to crop your images in this image hosting website (http://postimg.org/
) . They add a niffty button called 640x480 (for message boards)
They automagically resize your pics for you!
4.If you are uploading one pic just use the Select Files to upload and click on the browse button.
Select Resize 640x480 (for message boards)
Select FAMILY safe radio button
Double click the file you want to upload
5.If you have multiple pics create a gallery.
Click on the down arrow next to Gallery.
Select Create New Gallery
taking a screen shot
6.In this instance select all the pics in your folder to upload.
Resize the images for 640x480 (For message boards)
Click on Family safe
Click on the Upload It! button.
free image hosting
screen capture windows 7
8.Notice the drop down box to arrange the pics. You can get fancy with displaying the pics in Columns and lines.
9.Notice the URL codes. highlight the code and copy and paste to your post on Targettalk.
Ctrl C to Copy
Ctrl P to paste
free image hosting
10. Now create your for sale post. Be concise and accurate in the subject line. i.e
WTS (want to sell) S&W 1911
WTB (want to buy) S&W 1911.
11. Always Preview your post to see if all your images are being loaded and your description is correct.
12. When your item sells, tell the webmaster to remove it.
13. Send me 1$ for every item you sell. I need a new Anschutz. :)
The pictures were taken with a cheap GE E1030 and the screenshots were taken using the Print Screen button on my keyboard and edited with Paint. No magic just simple editing and using the tools that are free.
I hope this helps. I want to see more pictures!
free image host