US Roberts Team Prevails

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Hap Rocketto

US Roberts Team Prevails

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Heavy gusting winds, thunder lighting, rain, and hail did not deter 2017 US Roberts Team regained possession of the prodigious trophy by defeating the British 3838 to 3827.

Shooting a Dewar on International targets Eric Uptagrafft, Hank Gray, Mark Del Cotto, Morgen Dietrich, Kevin Nevius, Mike Seery, Billy Azzinaro, Matt Chezem, Howard Pitts, and Kerry Spurgin, under wind coaches Team Captain Patti Clark, Team Coach Shawn Carpenter, Team Adjutant Hap Rocketto, Reserve Shawn Wells, and Reserve Mike O’Connor scored the win on the storied Century Range at Bisley Camp.

The team was inspired, or more likely frightened, to the win by exhortations from Lones Wigger, who had to withdraw as Team Coach at the last moment for personal reasons.

Earlier the Goodwill Randle Team won its event with Great Britain 2304 to 2289. Edie Fleeman and Marth Kelly lead Michelle Bohren, Lily Davenport, Ruby Gomes, Elisabeth Harty, Ginger McLemore, and Chris Rakyta to the win. The Randle Ladies were coached by Kevin Nevius, Mike O’Connor, Joe Graf, Hank Gray and Eric Uptagrafft.
Last edited by Hap Rocketto on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
efoleyjr

Re: US Roberts Team Prevails

Post by efoleyjr »

Hap,
It seems that you forgot Howard Pitts?

Ed
Hap Rocketto

Re: US Roberts Team Prevails

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Ed,

I don't know how I made that error as I coached him in the match.

The article has been corrected.

Hap