Scatt USB Question

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

glenn andrew

Scatt USB Question

Post by glenn andrew »

I recently pulled out my little used Scatt USB only to discover that I have misplaced the "Target interface cable — used to connect the electronic target to the control unit" . Can anyone let me know what type of cable this is so that I can try to purchase one locally.
Thanks in advance
Glenn
Heddok

Re: Scatt USB Question

Post by Heddok »

It's just a standard telephone cable, pick up a really cheap one at Princess auto or even the Dollar store.
JW

Re: Scatt USB Question

Post by JW »

Just to add a little bit to this.

It might depend on what the standard phone cable is where you are. The USB Scatt units I've seen have used 6 core cable with a 6P6C plug (RJ25).
Standard phone cable this part of the world is 2 core with a 6P2C (RJ11) plug, so it will insert into the jack, but the Scatt won't work.

If you can get your hands on 6 core cable with RJ25 plugs, perfect. Otherwise the easiest way is probably to buy some RJ25 plugs and crimp them onto a length of ethernet cable (trim away the 4th pair).

Not recommended, but in a pinch you could get probably get away with an pre-made ethernet cable (RJ45 8P8C plugs) and grind off the end connector on each side to bodge them down to the size of a RJ25 sized plug. Seen it work, but easy to damage to the pins, so caveat emptor on that route.