Champion shooter supply

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

glr1

Champion shooter supply

Post by glr1 »

Just done talking to someone from from champion shooter supply it Ohio about an air rifle,it's been a while that I have to talk to someone since every thing is done by clicking on the mouse,he is code ending and even sounds angry,has anyone had this experience?in the past I always spoke to an older gentleman and a lady( both I met at camp perry) both were nice and very helpfull
Chia

Re: Champion shooter supply

Post by Chia »

Odd. I've spoken with Charles Pearson (the owner) twice by phone and a few times by email, and he was a great source of information and very helpful to boot. I never had a negative experience with the woman who initially answered the phone. Both were very polite and helpful. I haven't dealt with the person you're talking about.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Chia, I think you're mistaken. Charlie Pearson is the owner of Champion's Choice Shooters Supply.

Champion Shooters Supply is a different company.

I've had satisfactory dealings with both.
Rwilson

Post by Rwilson »

Rover's right....and I concur!
Chia

Post by Chia »

Whoops, you're right! My mistake.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

Both sellers have been especially professional with me.
Dustin Clays

Post by Dustin Clays »

Yeah I've had the same grumpy guy're describing...but at Camp Perry store they are all really friendly. So not sure if its just the mood the guy is in when he answers or what.

I try to do most of my business with Champions Choice now. Friendlier, answers my questions w/o making me fell stupid. I think the quality is better too.

Having said that...I did just help a junior buy a shooting jacket from Champion Shooters Supply-- for intro gear they are hard to beat.

Hows that for a wishy-washy answer??
WRL

Post by WRL »

I have always had very good phone experiences with Champion Shooter's Supply.
Misny

Post by Misny »

He has always bent over backwards to give me valuable information when talking on the phone. I saw both of them at the NRA Annual Meeting in Louisville and they were chipper. I know that they recently moved their entire facility to another town. Maybe you just caught him on a bad day. We all have those. I'd try again sometime later.
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

Carl and his wife have steped back some in the everyday operations. Family members are helping more.
CTurner

Post by CTurner »

I took the 2 1/2 hour drive over from Pittsburgh this past Saturday to stop in. To my surprise Carl greeted us as we walked through the door and helped my daughter and I with everything she needed. After wrapping up chatting and reminiscing took me back 20 plus years to when Carl was helping me. Carl and Sandy have always been great friends to the shooting community, maybe you caught one of the other guys on an off day. We don't generally do it as much these days but I would say sum it up as an off experience and give them another chance down the line, hopefully you will not be disappointed.
jmdavis

Post by jmdavis »

All of my experiences with Champion Shooter Supply have been good, whether in person, on the phone or by internet.

Maybe you caught someone on a particularly bad day. But I would not hesitate to spend my money with them.
OhioTargeteer

Post by OhioTargeteer »

I'm back into smallbore shooting after a long, long break. Phone conversations with Champion Shooters employees have always been positive.
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

Never had an issue with Champion Shooters nor Champion's Choice. Redmond from Mississippi.
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

I have been doing business with Carl and Sandy since they bought the business from Fredell in the 70s and then bought Freelands. Both are exceptionally helpful and friendly. I don't think anyone in America knows more about fitting shooting clothes for junior shooters, has a better inventory, and deals than Sandy.

Actually there are three companies in America that I would rank as exceptional for smallbore shooters. Champions Choice, Champion Shooters Supply, and International Shooters Service. I have done business with all three for decades and the only problem is sometimes I can't decide who to buy from. All three are run by good people who treat the customers right.
Misny

Post by Misny »

gwsb wrote:I have been doing business with Carl and Sandy since they bought the business from Fredell in the 70s and then bought Freelands. Both are exceptionally helpful and friendly. I don't think anyone in America knows more about fitting shooting clothes for junior shooters, has a better inventory, and deals than Sandy.

Actually there are three companies in America that I would rank as exceptional for smallbore shooters. Champions Choice, Champion Shooters Supply, and International Shooters Service. I have done business with all three for decades and the only problem is sometimes I can't decide who to buy from. All three are run by good people who treat the customers right.
Always had Carl of Champions Shooters Supply go out of his way to explain things over the phone and in person. I've dealt with them off and on since the mid '70's. That being said, everyone is entitled to have an off day. ISS and Champions Choice have also be very helpful. I never thought that one bad experience should be broadcast over the internet.
massrog

Post by massrog »

gwsb wrote:I have been doing business with Carl and Sandy since they bought the business from Fredell in the 70s and then bought Freelands. Both are exceptionally helpful and friendly. I don't think anyone in America knows more about fitting shooting clothes for junior shooters, has a better inventory, and deals than Sandy.

I agree, we just got back from the Perry junior clinic and had a wonderful experience buying some pants from Champion Shooters for my daughter who is shall we say difficult to fit. Her shape made a jacket too hard to get in their stock (not for lack of patience and effort)but that's what hips will do. I have had great experiences with all three companies mentioned over the last few years and would also like to compliment our hosts! Buck got my daughter's air rifle re-sealed in under 2 hours so we could take it home with us and sold me a great AP as well! Thanks again!!!