F coefficient for 10m air SCATT

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Ltdave

F coefficient for 10m air SCATT

Post by Ltdave »

i set the F coefficient on my SCATT to 70 (maybe its 7?) when i practice my 600yd prone for service rifle...

is there a specific setting for 10m air rifle? ive never messed with the "advanced" settings so to speak and i just want to make sure its set right for my daughter's practice...

probably should have asked this a year ago when i got the unit lol....
David Levene

Re: F coefficient for 10m air SCATT

Post by David Levene »

I don't know if they still do but Scatt used to recommend 50 +/- 10
Ltdave

Post by Ltdave »

thanks...

what exactly does the F coefficient do?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Ltdave wrote:thanks...

what exactly does the F coefficient do?
Places the "shot hole" where the barrel is pointing a set time, determined by the F coefficient, after the system records the trigger click.
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

As you raise the F Coefficient more of the muzzle's vertical/horizontal velocity at the instant of the shot will be added to the position data to determine the estimated point of impact of the shot.
Also known as the “flick” coefficient.
Martin
wmw3

Post by wmw3 »

When we set up to shoot live through the SCATT target frame (10M rifle, roughly 580 fps) the SCATT result best corresponds with the live shot when the f coefficient is set at about 18. The default when we turn it on is much higher than that, which results in a huge difference between the SCATT result and the actual shot. We have to 'crank it down' to get them to match. I would recommend experimenting to see what works, start lower - 15 to 18.
Wmw3
West Point Rifle
MatS

Post by MatS »

From my experience: faster the rifles movement is the lower the F coefficient has to be. In AR 10m I use around 30 and in prone 50m around 55. Because of that, it can be different from shooter to shooter.

Here's a link from a previous discussion to help you:
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... nt#p205807