Number of Olympic Style Shooters in the World

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

FabioRifleRio

Number of Olympic Style Shooters in the World

Post by FabioRifleRio »

Helo,

Is there any study or documents that estimate how much people are practicing Olympic Shooting and shooting sports in general around the World?

I mean not only ISSF registered at their database, but adding clubs, schools, etc.
renzo

Re: Number of Olympic Style Shooters in the World

Post by renzo »

I don't think the ISSF has it, because they record only those shooters (and not all) that had a participation in an International ISSF-sponsored or ISSF-organized match.

But possibly the shooting NGB's of every country has them, undoubtely a hard work to get and compile the info.
Pheyden

Post by Pheyden »

I know in Poland, where I live currently, the number of shooters registered by the ISSF recognized national whooting organization (PZSS) would be very small, when compared to the number of local club participants. In my local area there are probably 15-20 clubs, each with 30+ members.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

My thoughts about what national and international federations could bring to the support and development of shooting sports through IT and technology support would probably help with the question asked in this topic.

Open Source Shooting Sports Software and Serices
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607