NRA honors one of my heroes

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Marc Orvin

NRA honors one of my heroes

Post by Marc Orvin »

Great article here about Lones Wigger.

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2016/7/1 ... es-wigger/
nglitz

Re: NRA honors one of my heroes

Post by nglitz »

He's still with us and working at the Olympic Training Center in C-Springs.
Norm
in beautiful, gun friendly New Jersey
renzo

Post by renzo »

Once in a gun magazine I saw a caption of Mr. Wigger - long after quitting competitive Olympic Shooting - shooting Rifle Metallic Silhouettes with a stock sporter and a telescopic sight, and dressed only with sport pants and a polo shirt.

I then thought THAT was the spirit of a real passionate shooter, keeping up with the sport even in new and challenging conditions (considering the abrupt change of speciality and equipment) against a whole new bunch of new people.

Hope he has a long, healthy and fulfilling life. I think he truly deserves that.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I followed his success in shooting over the years, although I've always been primarily a pistol shooter. One year at an NRA Annual Meeting, I was volunteering at the NRA Store. Mr. Wigger came through and I immediately recognized him and said that it was an honor to meet him. He acted very surprised and seemed very humble and personable. He is one outstanding man, as well as, competitor.