Need rifle recommendations

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

libertyman777

Need rifle recommendations

Post by libertyman777 »

Hi all,

I'm an airgun enthusiast that is getting involved in service rifle shooting. Re-involved actually, but I would like recommendations on an airgun for home practice. I realize that it won't be exactly the same but I'm hoping to at least mimic trigger pull weight, position, work on natural point of aim etc. I'd only be interested in single stroke pneumatic or spring guns and ones that have plenty of spare parts available.

Thanks,

Paul
Andre

Re: Need rifle recommendations

Post by Andre »

Crosman used to make an AR upper air rifle unit for your AR/M16 lower. You can use your regular stock, buffer tube, grip, trigger, everything that you have on your service rifle but shoot pellets instead of dollars. It's called the MAR-177, and although it's a PCP you can fill it with a hand pump.
TerryKuz

Re: Need rifle recommendations

Post by TerryKuz »

Andre wrote:Crosman used to make an AR upper air rifle unit for your AR/M16 lower. You can use your regular stock, buffer tube, grip, trigger, everything that you have on your service rifle but shoot pellets instead of dollars. It's called the MAR-177, and although it's a PCP you can fill it with a hand pump.

That would be a good choice. Cocking a rifle in prone or sitting really ruins a position. PCP is a good luxury.
For only offhand, a FWB300S would be good, but like Andre said the trigger would differ.