Air Pistol In Hertforshire

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

holmqer

Air Pistol In Hertforshire

Post by holmqer »

There is a good chance that I will be heading over the pond to spend 3 months in Hempel Hempstead Hertfordshire UK.

In order to stay in practice for the fall / winter Bullseye and Air Pistol leagues back home in the US, I am wondering if there is anywhere that I could join and practice 10M Air Pistol with a rented or borrowed Air Pistol?

I figure it is a waste of time to try to get legal permission to bring any sort of pistol with me, even an air pistol, so I am hoping I would be able to join some local club / range where I can borrow / rent one. I am also assuming that trying to use any sort of powder pistol would not be practical or legal as a visitor to the UK so I am taking what would seem the easiest path.
Shooter

Re: Air Pistol In Hertforshire

Post by Shooter »

Sure. Check with the NRA of England and they should be able to hook you up with a local club. There is all kinds of shooting sports going on in England, despite their dumb laws. Do some more digging around and see what you can find. Don
stuart

Post by stuart »

In the UK most small bore and air gun shooting clubs are affiliated to the NSRA, National Small bore Rifle Association. You will find them on Google, they will have lists of clubs and contact detail. Most clubs in the UK will have pistols and rifles you can borrow as members often donate weapons when they retire from shooting or clubs buy to encourage new members to have a go at shooting.

Cubs vary and some shoot competitive and others more social so you might need to try a few before you find one you like but all the clubs I know will make you very welcome. Hemel Hemstead is an hours drive from Bicester Town rifle and pistol club but if you come to the UK and want to visit let me know.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Watford and District Rifle Club is only about 10 miles from Hemel Hemstead.

I've never shot there but it's probably worth contacting them.
holmqer

Post by holmqer »

Thanks for the great info, I should find out next week if I am going and for how long.
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

You will have no difficulty bringing a sub 6 ft lb air pistol into the UK if you wish to do so. Regrettably, the area you are going to is not particularly well supplied with air gun clubs but the region; Southeast England; does have quite a lot of activity. Bisley is a little over an hours drive away; M25 permitting; and you will find a good number of open competitions held there.

ATB

Rutty
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Last edited by TenMetrePeter on Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
holmqer

Post by holmqer »

Thanks for the great advice. I ended up being too busy to try anything out, maybe next time.