Anschutz 8001 Club lubrication question

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

taylorkh

Anschutz 8001 Club lubrication question

Post by taylorkh »

The user manual for my new rifle contains the following information:
Explosion danger from oiled air entry valve and thread.

The air entry valve and thread on the compressed air cylinder should only be lightly greased using genuine ANSCHÜTZ grease (special grease 4425, Item No.: 001489).
The rifle came with a tube of said magic lubricating compound - which I suspect is a non-petroleum, silicon based material.

I have no issues about lubricating the threads which attach the air cylinder to the rifle. However, I am unclear what I am supposed to lubricate on the "air entry valve." There is a valve built into the end of the air cylinder which is not really accessible to lubricate. The parts diagram shows a valve buried down in the bowels of the rifle. This valve contains an O ring which might require lubrication. Without taking the rifle and valve apart I am not clear on how this would be lubricated.

Can anyone provide some guidance?

TIA,

Ken
Last edited by taylorkh on Sun May 29, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhmartin

Re: Anschutz 8100 Club lubrication question

Post by jhmartin »

Put a SMALL smidgen of lube around the hole in the end of the cylinder ... I mean small.
Then as you screw the cylinder onto the gun that lube on the inside of the lip will grease the o-ring
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

taylorkh wrote:The rifle came with a tube of said magic lubricating compound - which I suspect is a non-petroleum, silicon based material.
It's the same stuff as the FWB "special grease". I would suggest the same procedure that jhmartin had mentioned. The excess grease will be carried inside and will also lube the internal seals.
taylorkh

Post by taylorkh »

Thanks for the replies. I noticed that the threads on the cylinder are reasonably lubed after initially fitting it to the rifle and then removing it. Lube in the rifle from the factory no doubt. I will shoot a couple of cylinders of air and then try applying a SMALL amount of lube in the opening on the end of the cylinder as recommended.

Thanks again,

Ken