ISSF Music

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

rmca

Re: ISSF Music

Post by rmca »

In my view, noise, clapping, music, cheering and/or air horns shouldn't be allowed when the athletes are shooting.
Not because it distracts them or they can't perform as well, since most if not all of them can tune it out.

It's the image that's being portrait of the sport that's crap.

Non shooters will look at that and get a wrong idea of the sport. It doesn't match the technical skill or level of concentration needed to perform at that level.

As it has been said before by others, I would like to see finals were the audience behaves in a similar manner as they do in tennis, golf or snooker. It would help the image of your sport a whole lot more that behaving as hooligans.

My two cents
gn303

Post by gn303 »

"How many of you have participated already/recently in ISSF finals?"

Sorry, but that's not the issue! Does the music make the competition more fun to view? That's what it is about.
Many seem to say no, not really or no not at all. So, than is ISSF missing the target ;-).

Regards,

Guy
97nick

Post by 97nick »

Ulrich Eichstädt wrote:To clearify it: I don't like the music, either. At World Cups in Germany there was only intro music "Hells Bells" (at least until last year, we will see in Munich next week, if it has changed), and no music during the comments. These were only during the sighters and then between the competition shots.

But like Groucho Marx stated: "I don't want to be member in a club, which accepts people like me". How many of you have participated already/recently in ISSF finals?
I haven't, yet. I am the Scottish open champion and Scottish champion 2016, so maybe someday.
in any case it is the spectators like me who are getting turned off, so far I have not heard anybody who likes it, so why put it on?