Online Air Pistol Competitions

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

philipelhage

Online Air Pistol Competitions

Post by philipelhage »

Is there some website that holds competitions "online". Like shooters would shoot on a given day and time and submit there scores with the score cards or electronic print outs.
I know this is not very official of "troll proof" but just wanted to know if this website still exists.
Pheyden

Re: Online Air Pistol Competitions

Post by Pheyden »

Please check out "10M Pistol Competition League" (PCL) on Facebook. Shooters with all types of skill level are welcome.
siordian1

Post by siordian1 »

If you are in the USA you can also enter the CMP, ACES program. If not then the facebook 10M pistol program is good.
Dan Ide

Post by Dan Ide »

You can also post scores for rifle, pistol or free pistol at Target shooting Canada. This is a free monthly match, or post air rifle or air pistol at Rimfire central. Post daily there, pretty good site. To bad the old Papio postal went away, that was a great match site.
CWB

Post by CWB »

This is something I was interested in looking at too - with this forum being a fairly large presence online for this type of shooting, would there be any interest in a TargetTalk monthly (or quarterly or whatever) 10m AP postal-style match?

Chris
siordian1

Post by siordian1 »

A volunteer would need to step forward. I participate in the 10M facebook league. We could always use more participation there. I urge all to take a look. It's set up quite well and scores are posted monthly.
CWB

Post by CWB »

I don't use Facebook but I suppose that's my problem. ;)

I shall follow other's leads but a location-agnostic competition sounds good.
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

Several categories for air pistol silhouette here http://www.onlinesilhouetteshoot.com/Menu.asp
taylorkh

Post by taylorkh »

I am new to this board and also to http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org There is a section towards the bottom of the GTA forum page which deals with on-line matches. I cannot vouch for the details of their program as I am only beginning to come to grips with the tremendous amount of information posted there (and here as well).

Ken
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

taylorkh wrote:I am new to this board and also to http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org There is a section towards the bottom of the GTA forum page which deals with on-line matches. I cannot vouch for the details of their program as I am only beginning to come to grips with the tremendous amount of information posted there (and here as well).

Ken
I participate in several of the "Match Gates" on GTA. They are very well run with good participation. Highly recommended! The site also is A+.
CWB

Post by CWB »

I have just registered for the 10M Pistol Competition League (PCL) on Facebook. Big thanks to Pheyden for organising this, it looks good. :)

Chris
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

CWB wrote:I have just registered for the 10M Pistol Competition League (PCL) on Facebook. Big thanks to Pheyden for organising this, it looks good. :)

Chris
So have I. I got off to a terrible start with my first set of cards, but never mind eh? Things can only get better. :D
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
CWB

Post by CWB »

Wynne G Oldman wrote:So have I. I got off to a terrible start with my first set of cards, but never mind eh? Things can only get better. :D
Got to start somewhere! I've yet to get out of my chair so you're already a step ahead of me. ;)
jerber

Post by jerber »

I also joined
Really like the idea
I have already submitted my first comp.
For May
Not too bad of a result but I need to tighten up!!!!
Rune Kanstad

Post by Rune Kanstad »

I joined too, hope to shoot the first competition today!
CWB

Post by CWB »

Good luck! :)

I see I have dropped a few places since I last checked, definitely need to improve for the next competition, good fun though!
Pheyden

Post by Pheyden »

I would like to thank all who signed up for the 10M Pistol Competition League (PCL) this month. So far 15 competitors hqve submitted cards, with more to come. Top score for May at this point is 381/400, followed by awhole gaggle in the 370-375 area.

The PCL is open to all shooters, young and old, and was created to try and simulate a "match" environment for those who cannot attend regular matches. The honor system plays a large part in the success of this series. If there are any other whooters out there, you are all welcome.

Note: One of the outcomes of the success of this series is that I am looking for a club/organization to help me host a European Senior Air Pistol Championship for 2017. (the US already has their Senior Games) There would be two age categories, namely 40-55 and 56+. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Vanderheijden
PCL administrator.
CWB

Post by CWB »

Thanks to you Paul for organising it, much appreciated!

I've yet to join a club myself so can't help on the latter bit; hopefully someone is able to.

Cheers,
Chris
Dan Ide

Post by Dan Ide »

How and where would a competitor go to find information on the air pistol senior games? Thanks. Dan Ide
m1963

Post by m1963 »

There are no senior games in the US that offer air pistol/air rifle shooting sports, at the national level, that we are aware of. There may be some state games:
http://nsga.com

The CMP does offer an infiltration air pistol/air rifle match at the National Match, though. You compete against other shooters over the span of the respective pistol/rifle National Match week:

http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-nati ... un-events/
http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/AirGunSchedule.pdf