Online Air Pistol Competitions

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Shooter

Re: Online Air Pistol Competitions

Post by Shooter »

I want to remind you folks that I run a postal league that is not online. Score for 20-shot rifle or pistol are due every two weeks for 8 rounds. There are awards at the end for the high 6 scores you submit. It is all done by email or USPS. Interested? I will need a name and mailing address to get the summer flyer, which is into the 2nd round already, to you. Don in Oregon. Use bawilli@concast.net to contact me.
jerber

Post by jerber »

I made fifth place!! Woohoo!
CWB

Post by CWB »

jerber wrote:I made fifth place!! Woohoo!
Nice work! :D

I came 11th out of 18th which I'm quite happy with for my first ever competition. Next personal goal is to make it into the top 10.

Next comp deadline is 27th June, 40 shots again.
jerber

Post by jerber »

CWB wrote:
jerber wrote:I made fifth place!! Woohoo!
Nice work! :D

I came 11th out of 18th which I'm quite happy with for my first ever competition. Next personal goal is to make it into the top 10.

Next comp deadline is 27th June, 40 shots again.
Hey thanks!
I'm hooked on it!

I just received my shooting glasses from Art @ shootingsight and what a difference!
I'm pretty confident that I will do much better.
Good luck
Pheyden

Post by Pheyden »

Dan Ide and others - I have been doing some homework and have come up with a listing of "open" competitions that cater for a "veteran or Master" age category. There is a veterans only tournament at Plzen in the Czech Republic, as well as tournaments in Austria, Denmark and Sweden. Since it appears that the USA Master Games do not cater for 10M compeition, if there are any state or regional competitions that do have veteran/Master pistol and rifle competitions, on the list.

Some of the ones currently listed have simply a 45+ years class, while at least one has two classes (Master1 & Master2). I am sure that there must be others, so if anyone can pass on information, it would be a great help.

I have included a link to the spreadsheet listing these events.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... KwA2siiCCQ

While I would like to organize a yearly 45+ PCL "SHOOT-off" somewhere for 2017/2018, the first order of business is to encourage ANY pistol shooter, of any age, to dust off that pistol and get into the action. While we have a good core group at the moment, it would be great to get the number of active competitors up over 100. Competing with the PCL has to be the best deal in town, as it is totally FREE. All you need is a pistol, time, persistence, and a computer with an internet connection. For those who do not like/use Facebook, there is an easy answer - you can email me your competiton shot cards as photo attachments. Here is the Facebook llink. Once there, look for the "REGISTRATION THREAD" page. Alternatively, send me an email to "pheyden1448@yahoo.com" with the following information:

Name
Sex (Male/Female)
Pistol type

Here is the link - https://m.facebook.com/10metercomp/

BTW - If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask here, or by email.