USA Beware?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

gn303

USA Beware?

Post by gn303 »

I certainly do not want to interfere with US politics, but I feel that people should know what has (perhaps) not hit the headlines in the US...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2euuSm-SaDM

Regards,

Guy
Hemmers

Re: USA Beware?

Post by Hemmers »

WTF? Those aren't even headlines in Britain!

Usual US media alarmism (and over 6 years old). Go back to speculating on Kate's tragic brain tumour or which celebrity is going to croak next, nothing to see here.
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

Usual poor quality right wing American Christian propaganda masquerading as news.
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
nglitz

Post by nglitz »

Wynne G Oldman wrote:Usual poor quality right wing American Christian propaganda masquerading as news.
Your bigotry is showing.
Norm
in beautiful, gun friendly New Jersey
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I've only just watched that video and must agree with Hemmers.

That is several years old, and I didn't even recognise what they were describing then.
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

nglitz wrote:
Wynne G Oldman wrote:Usual poor quality right wing American Christian propaganda masquerading as news.
Your bigotry is showing.
But he described it accurately.
Rover

Post by Rover »

All the way from Belgium, a place with no experience in the matter! (Now where did I put that sarcasm font?)
hundert

Post by hundert »

big deal, they'll just change commandos from "For your next competition shot, Load! Start!" to "Allahu Akbar!"
Expect news disciplines like "50 meters AK47 spray and pray", "Running Goats" and "500 meters mortar precision"
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

nglitz wrote:
Your bigotry is showing.
My bigotry? What could be more bigoted that this piece of fiction that you probably consider to be the truth?
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

I'm guessing that most of you guys in the USA see this tripe as news, and take it as gospel. Britain is nothing like that. We have many ethnic minorities, and they don't always get along together, but that "news" clip was like the sort of propaganda you saw in Nazi Germany in the 1930's. Far from the truth. Ask yourselves why you are being fed this nonsense, and who gains by feeding you this crap. Then try and find a more reliable news source. ;)
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

Wynne G Oldman wrote:I'm guessing that most of you guys in the USA see this tripe as news, and take it as gospel. Britain is nothing like that. We have many ethnic minorities, and they don't always get along together, but that "news" clip was like the sort of propaganda you saw in Nazi Germany in the 1930's. Far from the truth. Ask yourselves why you are being fed this nonsense, and who gains by feeding you this crap. Then try and find a more reliable news source. ;)
OK, I invested the 7+ minutes in watching this. With your reaction I have to assume that its absolutely rife with lies. Which statements are so grossly inaccurate?
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Guess who was just elected mayor of London? A Muslim. Watch out. Don
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Shooter wrote:Guess who was just elected mayor of London? A Muslim. Watch out. Don
Yes, I was extremely sad that Sadiq Khan was elected Mayor.

Not because he's a Muslim; because he's a member of the Labour party. :-(
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

TomAmlie wrote:
Wynne G Oldman wrote:I'm guessing that most of you guys in the USA see this tripe as news, and take it as gospel. Britain is nothing like that. We have many ethnic minorities, and they don't always get along together, but that "news" clip was like the sort of propaganda you saw in Nazi Germany in the 1930's. Far from the truth. Ask yourselves why you are being fed this nonsense, and who gains by feeding you this crap. Then try and find a more reliable news source. ;)
OK, I invested the 7+ minutes in watching this. With your reaction I have to assume that its absolutely rife with lies. Which statements are so grossly inaccurate?
You'll have do do your own research, I don't have the time or inclination to do it for you. It's a beautiful sunny day outside, and I'm not going to waste it.
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

Shooter wrote:Guess who was just elected mayor of London? A Muslim. Watch out. Don
And what is wrong with that? The majority of the UK citizens are not religious, and tend to elect politicians on their policies, not their religious views.
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
j-team

Post by j-team »

Wynne G Oldman wrote:You'll have do do your own research, I don't have the time or inclination to do it for you. It's a beautiful sunny day outside, and I'm not going to waste it.
Pick a fight, then run away?
william

Post by william »

All this mini- tempest in a teapot from a video of that CRACKPOT Pat Robertson. Really!?!
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

Wynne G Oldman wrote:
TomAmlie wrote:
You'll have do do your own research, I don't have the time or inclination to do it for you. It's a beautiful sunny day outside, and I'm not going to waste it.
Really? With your rather vehement denunciation of it I would assume that you could rattle off the slanders and lies without effort. Saying that it would involve "research" on your part calls into question whether you actually have any specific objections to the accuracy of the statements, or whether you simply dislike what is being said.

If you want to make the case that the video is simply propaganda, it would be nice to have something more than "proof by assertion".

Sort of reminds me of the old "I'd like an argument, please" sketch from Monty Python; contradiction and denunciation, but no substance.
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

The truth is out there, if you can be bothered to find it. One reason that I took up target shooting was to get me out of the house and waste less time on the internet arguing with strangers. I usually don't bother to comment on political stuff, but after seeing that clip posted on here, I just couldn't let it slide. I stand by my original statement.
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Wynne G Oldman wrote:One reason that I took up target shooting was to get me out of the house and waste less time on the internet arguing with strangers.
But if the number of your posts in this thread is of any indication, old habits die hard.