FWB P34 cylinder fill problem

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

GST

FWB P34 cylinder fill problem

Post by GST »

Hey there..

Just got an incredible Feinwerkbau P34, shooting like a dream, but...

can someone tell me if the valve of the cylinder will be open once the cylinder is srewed into the adaptor?

Or shall i just pump up and beyond the cylinder-pressure to force the valve open?

I am a little concerned about the "trial and error"- method with pressures above 150 bar ;-)
rmca

Re: FWB P34 cylinder fill problem

Post by rmca »

You screw the adapter on the tank/pump.
You screw the cylinder on the adapter.
You open the tap or pump it.
You close the tap.
You unscrew the cylinder from the adapter.
You unscrew the adapter.

Quite simple.

Hope this helps
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

When you screw in the cylinder with the provided adapter, the valve is open, allowing air to pressurize the cylinder. There is no problem with pressures above 150 bar, just don't go over 200 bar. If you're using a pump, go slowly and remember to use the bleed screw to purge the moisture. Lightly lube all the contact threads.
GST

Post by GST »

Thanks for your answers.

If it is so, that the valve should be open as soon as the cylinder is mounted on the adapter,
then i might have the wrong adapter, because it closed. Otherwise i would be able to empty the cylinder by opening the bledd-valve, but i can't.

No problem for filling, i just tried with an complete empty cylinder and i got some air in it,
but i can't dehydrate the cylinder because as soon as the pressure drops (i.e. the bleed-valve opends) the cylinder-valve is closed.

So i think i will order a new adapter and hope it will open the valve.

Better be safe ;-)

Thanks again
Rover

Post by Rover »

Think again. Also, forget the "over 150 BAR stuff = terror."
divingin

Post by divingin »

Don't know about FWB, but Morini's adaptor is a non-opening type. If it wan't the cylinder would empty when you bleed the pump with the cylinder in place. Fill occurs when you put reverse pressure on the valve.

jky