Prone rifle to be removed from olympics

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

philipelhage

Prone rifle to be removed from olympics

Post by philipelhage »

I saw a video of the us olympic qualifications today and in the interview with the winner he said that this may be the last tine prone rifle will be in the olympics. Can anyone confirm this and if so what are the other changes that will take place ofter the rio games for all disciplines?
Spencer

Re: Prone rifle to be removed from olympics

Post by Spencer »

and what, if any, changes to Olympic pistol to fit the IOC requirements are likely?
IRLConor

Post by IRLConor »

The earliest there could be anything firm about this will be at/after the ISSF meetings scheduled for 29 Jun - 2 Jul in Moscow. Before that, it'll be all rumours and conjecture. I don't expect to hear anything really reliable until after the meetings in Munich in November. The actual rule changes won't be published until 2017, if previous cycles are anything to go by.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

IRLConor wrote:The actual rule changes won't be published until 2017, if previous cycles are anything to go by.
That's not quite true.

The electronic versions were available:-
November 2012 for the 2013 rules
November 2008 for the 2009 rules
September 2004 for the 2005 rules
November 2000 for the 2001 rules

With the Technical Committee meeting 22-23 November 2016 I would expect to see the electronic rule book a few days after. The paper rule book will obviously take a little longer.
IRLConor

Post by IRLConor »

David Levene wrote:
IRLConor wrote:The actual rule changes won't be published until 2017, if previous cycles are anything to go by.
That's not quite true.

The electronic versions were available:-
November 2012 for the 2013 rules
November 2008 for the 2009 rules
September 2004 for the 2005 rules
November 2000 for the 2001 rules

With the Technical Committee meeting 22-23 November 2016 I would expect to see the electronic rule book a few days after. The paper rule book will obviously take a little longer.
Ah, clearly my memory is faulty! :)