Help identifying an old scope base?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

dpack

Help identifying an old scope base?

Post by dpack »

Not sure if this sub-forum is where this belongs.
I am pretty good and finding out what stuff is on the internet but this one has been fun. Anyone know exactly what it is or what it goes on?

Jimro

Re: Help identifying an old scope base?

Post by Jimro »

That looks like a piece of surveying equipment to me, although the underside could be a European commercial Mauser mount (looks like a Dumoulin) it has the wrong screw hole pattern (one and one instead of the Mauser two and one).

So if I had to guess, it's a scope adapter for surveying equipment. In the Army we use things like that to sight in terrestrial satellite transceivers/receivers. Funny sighting in a million dollar piece of milspec gear with a cheap Tasco 3-9x40 scope, but it works.

Jimro
dpack

Re: Help identifying an old scope base?

Post by dpack »

I bet you are right about the transit mount. We had one that burned up in a fire and this got "saved" for some reason. Haha thanks for solving a mystery!