I was biting my tongue, but...

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

I was biting my tongue, but...

Post by Rover »

Oh, the horror!

Can you imagine Hillary as Commander-In-Chief of the US military.

But then (ala Benghazi), what does it matter.
william

Re: I was biting my tongue, but...

Post by william »

Biting your tongue until the morning cervezas kicked in. What's your personal best for not coming out with whatever's on your mind? A couple of hours? Less?
Rover

Post by Rover »

What does it matter?
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

I think the quote is "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Well, four American lives lost makes a difference to me. So does lying about it to the American people and the families of the deceased. My sense is that there is a definite lack of integrity evident in Ms. Clinton's character. Let's start there, and then discuss her position on the 2nd Amendment.

I often wonder how folks who apparently have an affinity for firearms can reconcile that feeling with support for Ms. Clinton, whose antipathy toward them is obvious to the most casual observer. It's a puzzlement to me.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Now our darling thinks it would be a great idea to appoint Obama as a Supreme Court Justice.
IRLConor

Post by IRLConor »

I know you're all excited about your presidential election, but for the sake of the non-US readers here would you mind restraining yourselves from posting political stuff that has nothing to do with our sport?
j-team

Post by j-team »

IRLConor wrote:I know you're all excited about your presidential election, but for the sake of the non-US readers here would you mind restraining yourselves from posting political stuff that has nothing to do with our sport?
You don't have to read it!

Keep posting, I'm not in the US either but find it interesting (amusing) what a poor choice you have either way this time...
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

Actually, this presidential election may have significant impact on our sport, at least here in the US. Both Democratic candidates are rabidly anti-gun and the election of either could easily spell the end of gun ownership as we currently know it here.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Actually, I get PMs from non-US countries discussing such topics and they are quite well-informed. I am glad to have my horizons expanded and relish the fellowship.
mikeyj

Post by mikeyj »

dulcmr-man wrote:Actually, this presidential election may have significant impact on our sport, at least here in the US. Both Democratic candidates are rabidly anti-gun and the election of either could easily spell the end of gun ownership as we currently know it here.
Bernie has not been anti-gun in the past, but he's been coming around to the party position.
IRLConor

Post by IRLConor »

Rover wrote:Actually, I get PMs from non-US countries discussing such topics and they are quite well-informed. I am glad to have my horizons expanded and relish the fellowship.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am following the US presidential elections pretty closely. While I'm based in Ireland I've worked for US companies with US colleagues for most of my professional career. I have lots of friends and family in the USA. I'm in the US multiple times per year on business. No matter who wins it will have an effect on me both personally and professionally.

That said, I come here for shooting. I go elsewhere for politics.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I'm sympathetic to your point of view, but you might just skip this area. It provides a lot of fun for us "curmudgeons."