More Elite Scorer headache

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Re: More Elite Scorer headache

Post by Rover »

Conradin claims to be a watchmaker. He cannot be bothered with such a crude and gross apparatus. Naturally, his fine and delicate touch cannot trifle with such coarseness.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Rover wrote:Conradin claims to be a watchmaker. He cannot be bothered with such a crude and gross apparatus. Naturally, his fine and delicate touch cannot trifle with such coarseness.
If I were a clockmaker it would be different. Totally different skills and training. One is "macro" the other "micro".
conradin

Post by conradin »

dc.fireman wrote:Conradin -

This really sucks. I had some hopes for this unit as a viable alternative to some of the really expensive units. Is there any chance that you can alter/repair the unit yourself? If Elite Scorer isn't answering your communication, then it appears that they obviously have no intentions of honoring their warranty.

The roller unit looks to be something out of any modern day inkjet printer? Stripped screws can be drilled out and replaced easily enough...
The IR sensor and the computer do decide on how the motor runs, and the most important aspects of making the paper rolls back and forth is the exact pressure require between the rollers, papers, and the mask. Hence unlike SIUS where the mask is purely decoration, in the elite scorer it is an important part of the system. Hence if you score outside the black enough and create enough holes on the mask, the motor will stop.

Replacing rollers mean one has to find the right kind of rollers with the original exact dimension and rubber hardness. Since even the wrong pressure of a weaken paper mask can stop the motor running, finding the right rollers would be difficult. Finally the fact that it has such a quick worn rate means that even with a new replacement you will need another new one within 3 paper rolls. That also does not guarantee other items not worn out.

The current manager confessed to me that the plastic wheels that run between the motor and the first roller is also an Achilles heel and frequently fail. That is usually the most frequent diagnosis. Turns out in my case, it was the rubber rollers, although the plastic wheels also is going at the same time. If the rubber rollers do not fail, I do not forsee the unit be able to function for 3 more rolls before the plastic wheels come loose.

3 rolls come slowly for an individual, that was why it took me so long to notify them of the problems. But for multiple users or a club, that can be gone very quickly within a couple of months.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Whack it!!!
Rover

Post by Rover »

conradin wrote:
Rover wrote:Conradin claims to be a watchmaker. He cannot be bothered with such a crude and gross apparatus. Naturally, his fine and delicate touch cannot trifle with such coarseness.
If I were a clockmaker it would be different. Totally different skills and training. One is "macro" the other "micro".
That's what I said, but you don't need special skills to just WHACK IT!!!
william

Post by william »

I'm sorry - this whole episode looks laughable. Buying a precision mechanical device from India with no stateside support? Really?

I admit to knowing nothing about these scoring thingies, but I do know a thing or two about trumpets. If somebody buys a trumpet from an Indian manufacturer without having a local dealer first make sure it's right (and they usually aren't) lives up to the quote ascribed to PT Barnum: "A fool and his money are soon parted."
rmca

Post by rmca »

conradin wrote: Hence unlike SIUS where the mask is purely decoration, in the elite scorer it is an important part of the system. Hence if you score outside the black enough and create enough holes on the mask, the motor will stop.
If you can't hold the 8 ring you shouldn't be shooting on an electronic target.
conradin

Post by conradin »

rmca wrote:
conradin wrote: Hence unlike SIUS where the mask is purely decoration, in the elite scorer it is an important part of the system. Hence if you score outside the black enough and create enough holes on the mask, the motor will stop.
If you can't hold the 8 ring you shouldn't be shooting on an electronic target.
Actually I have never shot enough on the white to test how a damaged mask can affect the pressure. The manager told me that was usually one of the first thing to diagnose if the paper rolls stop moving. Probably happen a lot in clubs then. Another diagnosis is if you have place accessories with the wrong sequence, that is, screw up the order you put in the rubber mask, the white mask, the paper roll, the frame.

This points out something interesting. On the SIUS hybrid the black is by microphone, while the white (mask) is by IR.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Just a side note. I talked to Larry (10pt9) and he also received no response from them, so he also assumed that the company is now out of business. He still has a couple units for sale for a lower price, he will make sure they will work, but of course since the company is presumably dead, there will be no warranty. You can contact him if you are interested in those units.
I guess both he and I have learned a lesson about doing business with India without meeting the actual company boss. Apparently later I was told by an Indian parent of one of my students that interpersonal relationship in doing business in or with India is paramount. Communications (verbal and written) between seller and customer can be a good indicator of whether the seller is a "crook" or not, before the product is sold. A short phone conversation will give the buyer a good or bad vibe about the seller.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

I advise you also to steer clear 1600 tons of structural Chinese Steel which was quoted at 30-40% below market value.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/ ... e-'too-low'
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/political ... weak-steel
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/ ... ernational
Image Image
scausi

Post by scausi »

Why are you worried Conradin,
I see you are selling all your firearms Again!
But then again you just bought a Scatt ,you go on like a broken record every year or so. Deja vu
What's in your head.
Take up fishing, your kind of annoying
mishradk

Post by mishradk »

Hi Friends,
Little off topic, what is the price of Sius HS 10 in US?
Anyone got recently?
Do you think anyone needs to pay any duty for this purchase?

Actually I am moving to US and I have one HS10. Just thinking should I bring it along with me if it is not going to be of any trouble during immigration or sell it to someone and purchase a new one in US.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Mishra
m1963

Post by m1963 »

The last quote we have is dated Mar-3, 2015-

HS-10 w/ Siuslane and digital dsiplay- $2399
3-position pedestal- $175
Shipping- $125

Total- $2699
mishradk

Post by mishradk »

Thank you m1963 for your information.
Just one more question.. it is siususa is responsible for any purchase in USA or there are other dealers in US who provide this?
Regards
Mishra
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Sius USA is the sole distributor that we are aware of, now that ShotResponse LLC is out of business.
conradin

Post by conradin »

scausi wrote:Why are you worried Conradin,
I see you are selling all your firearms Again!
But then again you just bought a Scatt ,you go on like a broken record every year or so. Deja vu
What's in your head.
Take up fishing, your kind of annoying
I did not buy a SCATT.