USA Shooting Coach Academy is now live

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

76Olympian

USA Shooting Coach Academy is now live

Post by 76Olympian »

To all Coaches interested in International/Olympic shooting sports;

Welcome to the USA Shooting Coach Academy

"Coaches take athletes where they cannot go by themselves"

Click this link to the Coach Academy intro presentation. https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid ... PowerPoint

Without well educated, experienced and dedicated coaches we cannot develop future Olympians. Olympic shooting coaches are a special breed and we don't have enough of them.

Click here to see a video that explains what it's all about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeeeN-t ... e=youtu.be

This is the first online coach education program dedicated to the Olympic shooting sports that USAS is aware of. You are invited to take one or take all of our online courses.

We have created two coach certifications/learning paths:
1. Advanced Coach Certification - Rifle and Shotgun (Pistol is in development). The NRA Level 1 Coach certification is required before entering this education and training program.
2. High Performance Coach Certification - You must successfully complete the Advanced Coach Certification program and be invited by a USAS Coach Academy Master Instructor to register for the High Performance Coach certification program. High Performance Coaches are the coach talent pool for future USAS National Assistant Coaches.

Click here for the USAS Coach Academy Policy and Procedure document. http://www.usashooting.org/library/Coac ... 9Feb16.pdf

Coaches Outside the United States

For those coaches outside of the United States, please understand these courses were developed for US coaches that are coaching US athletes and may not be totally relevant to your environment and may not fit your training philosophy. However, we think there is useful knowledge in our courses for all allied national shooting federations across the globe, especially those federations that do not have formal Olympic shooting coach training programs. We are happy to share our knowledge with all national shooting federations.

Content Contributions

We are open to any content expert and coach that would like to submit a presentation/training course for inclusion in the USAS Coach Academy. There is no compensation for submitting a presentation/training course that is published in the USAS Coach Academy, but you will be given full credit with your contact information. All submissions will be reviewed by our Coach Academy Advisory Team and they will decide if your submission is appropriate to be published in the USAS Coach Academy.

Getting Started

Please understand this is the startup of the first USAS Coach Academy. We have tried to identify all the 'bugs', 'edits', system set up issues, but we have probably not found all of them. If you discover any issues please report any "technical" issues to the ePath Helpdesk. Report any course content issues to Mike Theimer. The Coach Academy is still 'under construction'. We will continually improve and enhance our courses and system functionality.

Click this link to download the Coach Academy Catalog and ePath User Guide. http://www.usashooting.org/library/Coac ... _Guide.pdf

Coach Academy Catalog

Click here to look through a list of available courses that are free or require a registration fee.http://www.usashooting-coachacademy.org/

ePath/Coach Academy

Those who are already registered for courses can directly access their Coach Academy Home page to view current courses and completed courses by clicking here.

You will need the following information to log in to the ePath/Coach Academy learning management system:
Organization Code: USA36546
Logon ID: the email address you used to register for your first course
Password: your temporary password or what you changed it to after you first logged on

All USAS Coach Academy online courses are the property of USA Shooting and copyrighted. All Coach Academy library reference documents are the property of the authors used with their permission.

The Catalog web page is a separate system from the ePath learning management system where you actually take/view the courses.

You cannot register for courses inside ePath learning management system. You have to go back to the Catalog web site to select, register and pay for courses that are in the Coach Academy/ePath system.

There is a link at the bottom of the main Catalog web page “Student login” that will take you to the ePath Coach Academy web site where you logon and take/view courses that you have registered and paid for.

If you have any technical difficulties please contact ePath HelpDesk at 860.444.7900 ext. 6

I encourage those who have not signed up for a course in the new USAS Coach Academy to do so as soon as possible, because I will be using the Coach Academy coach/learner database for all future communications with coaches and other interested individuals.

You can be a coach, parent, athlete, volunteer or club administrator. We will be expanding our online courses to include all of these groups.

There are free courses that you can register for (e.g. Safe Sport Policy training, Safe Sport for Athletes – a shorter version and Anti-Doping – USADA coach training). Even if you never take another course, your name and email will remain in the Coach Academy system until you tell me to delete your account from the Coach Academy.

Besides receiving periodic coach related emails, you will have access to eSource which is a forum within ePath/Coach Academy system. There are special forums within eSource to include: Buy/Sell/Trade forum and discipline specific forums and specialized forums for women coaches and collegiate coaches. These will be Olympic shooting sports oriented only. However, I know that we have coaches running BB gun programs, 3PAR programs, and other American style shooting sports wanting to learn from this special group of coaches/content experts.

Don’t miss out on future coach related communications and opportunities. Don’t get left behind. Learning is a life long pursuit (formally and informally).

Register for a USAS Coach Academy course now. Click this link to get to the ‘USAS Coach Academy Catalog’. Don’t forget to bookmark this catalog web page and download the User Guide (soon to be updated).
For questions, inquiries, suggestions or content submissions contact:

Michael Theimer
Coach Academy Director
Office 719-866-4889
USA Shooting
One Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
les greevy

Re: USA Shooting Coach Academy is now live

Post by les greevy »

As Lead Shotgun Coach for this project I can tell you that along with top Rifle and Pistol coaches we have an enormous amount of time and effort invested in a review all of the available published coaching materials of the three disciplines and developing new materials in an attempt to bring together the best coaching methodologies in one resource and to make that available to all coaches.
This is not a finished product but is expected to continue and improve and grow.
I invite you to give this a look. It will expand your horizons and help your shooters.
I also invite you to critique and contribute to the materials.
International shooting is a small club but as Red says "We are all in this together".
If we all pull together we can all make better shooters.
Les Greevy
yana

Post by yana »

Will be definately joining and participating in some courses!
Looks great!
I'm non-US though, but already a coach in my own country.
yana

Post by yana »

Pitty Paypal payment doesnt work yet, and CC payment requires a US address..
Hope this is resolved soon
76Olympian

Post by 76Olympian »

Yes, the ecommerce website is making adjustments to accommodate International addresses.

You can put your address in now and just select a US state and zipcode and it will work. It has been done by someone in Guatemala.

Mike Theimer
USAS Shooting
Coach Academy Director
conradin

Post by conradin »

Mike,

How does this affect people like me who are Level I on all four disciplines? Do "Levels" get eliminated? Should I still continue to work on my Level II? I'm very confused. I'll go ask Daniel too and see what is up with the NRA side...
76Olympian

Post by 76Olympian »

The USAS Coach Academy is specialized in Olympic Shooting sports.

The NRA has its own coach education program that encompasses more than just Olympic shooting sports.

Regards,
Mike Theimer