FWB Weight Rod- Thread Size

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Dustin Clays

FWB Weight Rod- Thread Size

Post by Dustin Clays »

On a FWB 800x:
Does anyone know the correct thread size for the rod under the cheek piece?

I tried to measure it and come up M4.5x.75 however, I cannot find a bolt/screw anywhere in USA to fit it. I can find a lot of taps to make the thread- but nothing to put into the thread.

I want to add a weight rod off off the end of it similar to the Anschutz 9003 style- (Anschutz is a different thread size- so it won't fit).

So, I don't know if I am measuring it wrong- if if it is truly that unique.

Anyone know of a supply of bolts/screws/set-screws for this thread?
Martin H

Re: FWB Weight Rod- Thread Size

Post by Martin H »

The thread is 5mm x 0.8mm
Martin
Dustin Clays

Post by Dustin Clays »

Thank you for the info-

Here is what I made for the weight rod and weights. Nothing to fancy, but thought I'd share what I made since I asked the question. Pics attached. I chamfered (beveled) the front edges of the first weight so that it'll fit fully under the check piece. There's room on the rod for 3 additional weights if necessary. The rod is .5" diameter- but I had to turn the diameter down to 12mm so it would fit in to the hole in the cheek piece.

Rod=65.5g
larger weights= 54.0g/ea
total weight= 270g if all weights are used.

I also made a weight for the forearm stock- no pictures of it- maybe later tonight I'll snap a couple a post them. That one added another 362.0g. I also made 3 separate weight in different sizes to make it lighter if necessary.
FWB Weight Expl.jpg
FWB Weight Expl.jpg (53.22 KiB) Viewed 812 times
FWB Weight Assy.jpg
FWB Weight Assy.jpg (49.65 KiB) Viewed 812 times
Andre

Post by Andre »

On my FWb 700, all three inserts in the wood cheekpiece take 10-32 UNF screws. I guess they changed to metric over the years, or for their new model.
Bob O

Post by Bob O »

Andre wrote:On my FWb 700, all three inserts in the wood cheekpiece take 10-32 UNF screws. I guess they changed to metric over the years, or for their new model.
A 10-32 screw is a slightly loose fit in a 5mm -.8 nut. A 5mm - .8 screw will not fit a 10-32 nut. I learned that working on motorcycles.