Sius target problem

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Ray Odle

Sius target problem

Post by Ray Odle »

We resently bought a single 10 meter Sius target. The programs locks up after about 20 shots. We can sometimes keep it running by often clicking mouse on task bar. We have tried it on two different computers of different age and power with same results. Sius gives us the "I don't know, we never heard of this problem" response.
Anybody have this problem?
I am ready to ship it back.
We have to restart Windows 7 to get the program back working.
I will admit I was not impressed with the set up software or the multiple startup icons. Seems the programers could have simplified things.
Thanks for any help
Walther101

Re: Sius target problem

Post by Walther101 »

Ray Odle wrote:We resently bought a single 10 meter Sius target. The programs locks up after about 20 shots. We can sometimes keep it running by often clicking mouse on task bar. We have tried it on two different computers of different age and power with same results. Sius gives us the "I don't know, we never heard of this problem" response.
Anybody have this problem?
I am ready to ship it back.
We have to restart Windows 7 to get the program back working.
I will admit I was not impressed with the set up software or the multiple startup icons. Seems the programers could have simplified things.
Thanks for any help

I have had my Sius for ~3mon and I have not had any issues, but here is my setup in case it helps.

I am running Windows 7
Not connected to the internet (wifi off and no hard line)
I plug in the target then connect it to the laptop
start SIUSCommService
Load and start my practice session

There are only a couple of things that I can think of that might be causing the issue:
1) you have a background program running that is messing with the target software
2) something went wrong with the software install. when I first got my target it took be a couple of tries to get the right plugins and software in the correct order.
3) check all your cable connections, maybe one of the cables is not fully connected and is coming slightly unplugged after a few shots.

I agree the set up software can be problematic but not sure what you mean by the multiple startup icons. After using Megalink in college my Sius is so much easier to start and trouble shoot. Yes you have to start SIUSCommService before the program but at least you know everything is connected and working correctly without having to take a shot.

Hope you figure it out,
Walther101