Question about fill adaptor

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Pirsqard

Question about fill adaptor

Post by Pirsqard »

Hi,

I recently came across this carbon fiber fill tank, which is from a local fire department sale. It's in great shape and was just hydro'ed the middle of last year. The valve that is currently on it (I believe a CGA 356 valve) is for use by a fire department for filling. My question: does anyone know what adaptor attaches to this in order to attach my 200 DIN fill adaptor for my Morini cylinders? Also, what adaptor would I need to get the tank filled from a dive shop. Or do I need to change the whole valve?

Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.
Attachments
00f0f_guuEag0SW9C_600x450.jpg
00f0f_guuEag0SW9C_600x450.jpg (28.46 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
00B0B_cZFssFXEVBf_600x450.jpg
00B0B_cZFssFXEVBf_600x450.jpg (14.2 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
Jimro

Re: Question about fill adaptor

Post by Jimro »

I recommend changing the whole valve.

I can't find a 346 to DIN adapter plus a DIN to yoke adapter for significantly less than just getting a DIN valve. But a yoke insert for a DIN valve is ten bucks, so you could get filled at nearly any dive shop.

Jimro
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

I'd be really interested to know how hydro-testing of aluminium and steel tanks translates to carbon fibre.
divingin

Post by divingin »

They can be filled at dive shops (well, to be fair, those who take the time, effort, and expense to get the adaptor.) The dive shop I used to visit (shut down now) had a screw-on adaptor with a short hose to a 200 BAR DIN fitting. No idea if it was a custom job just a really exotic off the shelf item.

In truth, it may be easier to call your local fire department and ask where they get their SCBA tanks filled (or if they do their own, if they will do yours as well.) Another option is to call your local fumigation company and see where they get theirs filled.

I don't know the cylinder thread size on those SCBA cylinders, so can't say if a simple valve swap will work.

Best of luck;

jky
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

I think that may be a Male CGA-347 judging by this thread: hard to tell a CGA 346 from a CGA 347. I can't tell.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... ve+fitting

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... +-+DIN+300

I haven't found any off the shelf CGA 346/347 female to DIN 200 bar.

I think for sanity if you can pay someone to change the valve from CGA to a K valve and then get a DIN 200 bar yoke that might be a nice solution for the USA.

Good luck.
Image Image