NRA Dropping Womens Category from Smallbore Championships

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

bdutton

NRA Dropping Womens Category from Smallbore Championships

Post by bdutton »

https://www.nrablog.com/articles/2016/2 ... -category/

Cool picture of my daughter there.

I'm personally opposed to this. Not because I don't think women can shoot as well as men. I am opposed to this because it means the women's trophy's and potentially national records will not be awarded and we lose that tradition. I'd rather see a woman win the open award AND the womens category. This is also limited to the smallbore championships and not the pistol or high power championships. Looking at past results its actually not very common for a woman to win the overall championship.
Levergun59

Re: NRA Dropping Womens Category from Smallbore Championship

Post by Levergun59 »

dbutton,
When is the NRA ever going to get it right. Woman should have their own champion. Just another reason we shooters ought to dump the NRA from all the rifle and pistol competitions and go with the CMP or another organization. They outright lied to the smallbore competitors about bringing back smallbore to Camp Perry. Just a two year hiatus we were told. My heinie is still smarting from that one.
Chris
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I heard this while I was running our Intercollegiate Smallbore Sectional.
Another example of the lack of concern of the NRA for the competitive side of the sport.
This is not at all surprising after what has gone on with their smallbore competitions in the last few year.
They cry lack of funds, but don't listen to the folks that they are disservicing......
Owl

Post by Owl »

Excellent photograph, bdutton - I like it a lot,
-Marty-
Jimro

Post by Jimro »

On the flip side, this is what equality looks like.

Kinda sad to see it though.

Jimro