Worth every penny, I'm sure...

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Worth every penny, I'm sure...

Post by Rover »

william

Re: Worth every penny, I'm sure...

Post by william »

It just rips your guts out, and has for over 7 years, that Barack Obama is the guy who gets to ride in AF-1.

For once in your life (maybe not be the first time, but certainly among the first half-dozen), put things in perspective. Think of just these two:
1. The President, even when on vacation or "sightseeing," is never off duty. Do you remember what GW was doing when Andrew Card informed him that "The homeland is under attack"? I'm sure Rover would be satisfied if the next event were to take place with the President sitting in an aisle seat of a Southwest Airlines 737.

2. The President's annual salary is $400,000 (taxable, of course), and he receives a $50,000 non-taxable expense account. This is what we pay "the most powerful man in the world" or at least the one with the most important job. By contrast, there are corporate executives who are paid that for a single day on the job. Who knows how many get that much weekly, monthly? And much of upper-level corporate pay is structured in ways that if we tried it we'd be audited and charged with tax evasion. I don't think a flying office, communications center and situation room with attached living compartment is an unreasonable 'perk' in that context.

Add to that the uniqueness of the 747s, including electronic & physical hardening and having to be flight-ready at the drop of a hat.... Perspective, boyo. Much as you may loath the fact, he is still the President - our president. And he deserves all the tools to do his job.
Rover

Post by Rover »

A spirited defense of the bozo YOU voted for, William!

I'm sure it would please him and Hillary if you just turn in your guns now instead of waiting for someone to kick in your door.

BTW Don't forget the $26 million "Spring Break" in Mexico for his kids. How he manages on his salary and becomes a multi-millionaire while giving back so much to the American people, I'll never understand.

Round of golf?
william

Post by william »

"A spirited defense of the bozo YOU voted for, William!"

Nope - it's a defense of the office and whoever occupies it. Perspective, boyo, Try it on for size someday.

Rover, you really ought to slow down your posts. You're trying for fast, but they can only attain half-fast.
Rover

Post by Rover »

"Nope - it's a defense of the office and whoever occupies it."

Reminds me of the military: I can still see the MPs saluting cars just because they had an "Officer" sticker, no matter that their wives/daughters/girlfriends were driving it. Easier to salute all rather than make a decision on who rated a salute.
Rover

Post by Rover »

"Nope - it's a defense of the office and whoever occupies it."

Reminds me of the military: I can still see the MPs saluting cars just because they had an "Officer" sticker, no matter that their wives/daughters/girlfriends were driving it. Easier to salute an inanimate object rather than make a decision on who rated a salute.
nglitz

Post by nglitz »

This clown POTUS has acted like the stereotypical new rich since the day he took office, starting with his two week vacation with the king of Spain. His $50,000 expense account is ridiculously overspent daily. About the only thing good I can say is that when he's on vacation, he isn't actively destroying the country.
Norm
in beautiful, gun friendly New Jersey