ANATOLII PIDDUBNYI 1925 - 2015

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

renzo

ANATOLII PIDDUBNYI 1925 - 2015

Post by renzo »

I just received notice that world reknowned pistol coach Anatolii Piddubnyi died on the past 18th. November.

Truly a great and unassuming man (in spite of my very brief acquaintance to him two years ago), he will be missed by many.

Just a sad coincidence, him and Melentiev departing the same year.

My respects to his widow.
shaky hands

Re: ANATOLII PIDDUBNYI 1925 - 2015

Post by shaky hands »

This is incredibly sad. About a year ago Petrovich published his last coaching tips on a Ukrainian shooting forum. He was one of the few world-class coaches who interacted with shooters over the Internet. Rest in peace, great shooter (a 1966 Soviet Union champion in free pistol with the score 568, two points above the world record at the time) and incredibly insightful coach.
Attachments
Piddubniy.gif
Piddubniy.gif (29 KiB) Viewed 1733 times
Last edited by shaky hands on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Though I think Anatolii was 80, not 90.
FredB

Post by FredB »

I am so sorry to hear this.

He was a great man who was able and willing to see the process of target shooting with fresh eyes and an inventive mind. He was not content to repeat the standard wisdom, but instead cut directly to what would work. Then, he was generous in sharing his insights with everyone, no matter whether Olympian or beginner.

He will be sorely missed.
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

A loss to the community. I have translations of a few of his articles in my notebooks and am fascinated by the research done by the group he was in.

Ruig has some articles from/about Anatoli:

http://toz35.blogspot.com/search?q=Anatoli