OFF TOPIC: A bit of logic on gun control (FWIW)

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

renzo

OFF TOPIC: A bit of logic on gun control (FWIW)

Post by renzo »

I received this minutes ago .................. brilliant!!!
Muslims y LLUU.jpg
Muslims y LLUU.jpg (38.12 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
william

Re: OFF TOPIC: A bit of logic on gun control (FWIW)

Post by william »

What's not brilliant - not at all brilliant - is the false premise of that little statement. Do you really think people are such idiots that they can't distinguish between "gun owners" and people who happen to possess firearms who really shouldn't (like the guy recently arrested in Enid, Oklahoma)?
renzo

Post by renzo »

If you push me, I'll say yes, I do believe so.

Maybe not in your friends and acquantancies circles (or mine, or anybody else in this forum), but in general people that doesn't own guns are generally ignorant of the facts and frightened of those who do posess them.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I think they are such idiots that they voted for Obama and are considering Hillary, both of whom are promoting anti-gun legislation.

I'm certainly hoping Hillary will "blow it."
nglitz

Post by nglitz »

william wrote:What's not brilliant - not at all brilliant - is the false premise of that little statement. Do you really think people are such idiots that they can't distinguish between "gun owners" and people who happen to possess firearms who really shouldn't (like the guy recently arrested in Enid, Oklahoma)?
No, they can't. That includes the majority of politicians and media. How else could you explain "gun control". For obvious criminal actions, they want to punish the people who didn't do the crimes.
Norm
in beautiful, gun friendly New Jersey
FredB

Post by FredB »

william wrote:What's not brilliant - not at all brilliant - is the false premise of that little statement. Do you really think people are such idiots that they can't distinguish between "gun owners" and people who happen to possess firearms who really shouldn't (like the guy recently arrested in Enid, Oklahoma)?
William, you live in New Hampshire, if I'm not mistaken? You also, I believe, occasionally buy and sell firearms. You don't seem to realize how lucky you are. You should try a year living, target shooting and buying firearms and ammunition in California. You would then get to share our experience of being treated as criminals whenever we do anything related to guns. The laws, lawmakers and many people of this state most certainly do NOT distinguish between gun owners and violent criminals. Just one example, an initiative proposed by the lt. governor for 2016 which will very likely pass and become law, will require a buyer of ammunition to be background checked and fingerprinted for each and every purchase. Wouldn't you say that qualifies as idiotic?