Scatt On Windows 10

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

PaulT

Scatt On Windows 10

Post by PaulT »

Whilst I know that the SCATT web site “says” SCATT runs on Windows 10, is anybody actually using a SCATT USB system with Windows 10?

I’m asking for a friend – no really!

Thanks
Paul
Jordan1s

Re: Scatt On Windows 10

Post by Jordan1s »

Hello,

Recently, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have run SCATT USB without any problems so far. The operating system does not appear to have any effect upon the functionality of the system.

On another note,

One strange problem I have(and this just may be my model), is that SCATT absolutely refuses to run if connected to a usb 3.0 port; For whatever reason, it only runs off of a USB 2.0 input. This may or may not be a problem for you(or your friend), but I noticed that many newer computer systems that come stock with Windows 10 are shipping without USB 2.0 inputs.

-Jordan
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Jordan1s wrote:Hello,

Recently, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have run SCATT USB without any problems so far. The operating system does not appear to have any effect upon the functionality of the system.

On another note,

One strange problem I have(and this just may be my model), is that SCATT absolutely refuses to run if connected to a usb 3.0 port; For whatever reason, it only runs off of a USB 2.0 input. This may or may not be a problem for you(or your friend), but I noticed that many newer computer systems that come stock with Windows 10 are shipping without USB 2.0 inputs.

-Jordan
Many thanks, this and the USB3 warning is much appreciated!
rigwhanson

Post by rigwhanson »

I am running Scatt MX-02 on Windows 10 and under Parallels on a MacPro running El Capitan. The Laptop does have a USB 2.0 Bus
RGw
Asyoung

Post by Asyoung »

So Scatt continued to work after switching from Windows 8 to 10. But has anyone installed Scatt software on Windows 10?

I switched from 8 to 10 and Scatt worked fine. My computer did some crazy crap afterwards (unrelated to Scatt I think) and I had to reset the whole thing.

Now I can't get Scatt to work at all. I get an error message when I try to run the previously installed one or when I try to install the newest downloaded software.

Scott
rigwhanson

Post by rigwhanson »

Yes I installed Scatt from a download on Windows 10 that was a new install in Parallels on a MacPro Laptop. It runs fine and I even can run it on one USB port and simultaneously run a Sius Electronic target on the other USB port all on Windows 10. I am not a Windows person but what is the error message that you get on the downloaded install on Windows 10?
RGw
Asyoung

Post by Asyoung »

Turns out it had nothing to do with the Scatt software, I couldn't load up anything. Googled the error message and found a suggestion to go into settings and turn "sounds" off. Tried that and it worked. Was able to download and install latest version of Scatt software and it's running fine. After installation I turned the sounds back on and all seems well.

Given my lack of computer knowledge and my conspiracy theory that computer/software designers are getting payback for all the abuse meatheads like me gave them in high school, it actually makes sense to me that having "sounds" turned on would prevent me from installing software.

Scott