WMG 2017 New Zealand

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Spencer

WMG 2017 New Zealand

Post by Spencer »

Received another email from the organisers promoting the 2017 World Masters Games (which DOES NOT have pistol or rifle)!
Apparently, pistol and rifle was all too hard.

contactus@wmg2017.co.nz
Shooter

Re: WMG 2017 New Zealand

Post by Shooter »

I got it too. We all!!!! need to email them and bug them about including rifle/pistol. I have sent them several already, but it would help if all of you out there told them to have rifle/pistol as well. Aukland is a nice place as is NZ and I would love to go down there again, but not for scatter-gun. Don in Oregon
j-team

Post by j-team »

As far as I know Parafed (the IPC shooters) offered their 10m range and Auckland Pistol Club offered their 25m and 50m ranges for use.

This was not supported by the organisers (basically the Auckland City Council) or the NZ Shooting Federation.

Perhaps you could direct your enquiries to the NZ Shooting Federation: president@shooting.org.nz
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Tried that email and it did not go through. Don in Oregon
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

The last masters games I went to I had a partially sighted man who seemed to have never handled a firearm before on one side of me, on the other someone who seemed to have never reloaded before as 1/3 of his rounds contained no powder.

That's the last masters games I went to, and I'm not alone.
Pyroman

Post by Pyroman »

I've done the WMG in Edmonton and Sydney. I really enjoyed those. I emailed WMG for the Italian games, when at the time they had no shooting events. Eventually they did include ISSF shooting and also a bunch of Black Powder events. Unfortunately, the date conflicted with something else I was obliged to go to. I saw some results, and it didn't look like too many people turned up. I emailed the NZ WMG and told them that I didn't care if the pistol/rifle venue was on the other side of NZ from the main games, I would love to go. I got a response that all the events had been set, no pistol/rifle, but that I was welcome to show up for shotgun. That's disappointing, but maybe it will motivate me to get into competitive shotgun.
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

I have attended almost all of the WMG's except for the first one and Italy and have had a good time every time. I also do some sightseeing and running around the area so that may help. Everyone I have competed with in rifle has done a good job and there have been no problems. i have won several medals of all colors, have friends everywhere that I get the chance to see and catch up with. There is a masters smallbore rifle event coming up in Denmark next year that I am thinking of taking in and staying with a friend in town. Anyway, just because one person had a bad time in pistol, do not miss the chance to take in any of the masters events that are hels in NZ and Australia every year. I have competed in many of those as well. But, keep bugging the people in NZ about adding rifle/pistol to the program, but I am not sure it will work, but kee p at it. Don in Oregon