Infighting at USA Shooting

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

shaky hands

Re: Infighting at USA Shooting

Post by shaky hands »

Pradeep wrote: So I guess my confusion is, if Dr Lally was elected in June 2013 to the Board of Directors, to take over Gary Andersons position, how is it possible that Gary Anderson was still a Board member in 2014?
My reading of that is Lally, a Board Member, took over the position of the President from Gary Anderson, who thus ceased to be the President. Your quotes do not suggest that Anderson ceased to be a Board member as well, when his presidency ended.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Ok, put the money where your mouth is. If you (or anyone for that purpose) start an online petition, I will sign it.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

A SOLUTION AGREED UPON
=====================

On Saturday March 12, 2016 the USA Shooting Board of Directors met and voted to approve a set of "Amended and Restated Bylaws" on the condition that the Section 10 Complaint be dropped by March 31, 2016.
See webpage containing the link to the Final draft presented to the Board:
(see the "Amended & Restated Bylaws" link)
http://www.vc4hss.com/__USAS_Sec10_Complaint/index.htm

If you had previously signed on as a Complainant, you will soon be contacted for your signature to drop the Section 10 Complaint and finalize the adoption of the Bylaws.

If you do not receive info by 3/24/2016, please make contact with the following:
---> Butch Eller at butcheller at comcast.net
(or myself - use my profile info in this post)
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

jhmartin wrote:A SOLUTION AGREED UPON
=====================

On Saturday March 12, 2016 the USA Shooting Board of Directors met and voted to approve a set of "Amended and Restated Bylaws" on the condition that the Section 10 Complaint be dropped by March 31, 2016.
See webpage containing the link to the Final draft presented to the Board:
(see the "Amended & Restated Bylaws" link)
http://www.vc4hss.com/__USAS_Sec10_Complaint/index.htm

If you had previously signed on as a Complainant, you will soon be contacted for your signature to drop the Section 10 Complaint and finalize the adoption of the Bylaws.

If you do not receive info by 3/24/2016, please make contact with the following:
---> Butch Eller at butcheller at comcast.net
(or myself - use my profile info in this post)

When is the election?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I'm sorry ... I left that off ... I've amended the webpage.
and the basic info:

"On Mar 12, 2016, the Board of Directors of USAS met and, without any dissenting vote, approved and adopted the Amended and Restated Bylaws .... contingent on the Complainants' dismissal, with prejudice, of their Section 10 Complaint against USAS."

Complainants are now gathering the signatures necessary to dismissing the Complaint.
Personally, I am comfortable with the work that Blue Ribbon Working Group has done in regards to this issue. These Bylaws point the way to a stronger NGB for shooting in the US.
conradin

Post by conradin »

I notice that NRA and USAMU are now no longer mentioned whatsoever.