International Shooting Comradeship

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

renzo

International Shooting Comradeship

Post by renzo »

A couple weeks ago, we received an e-mail thru the webpage of our shooting club in Santa Fe, Argentina, from an English prone shooter who had been scheduled a job visit to my city, and was interested in "tasting" our range, but couldn't bring his rifle, so he asked one to borrow.

Inmediatley our riflemen put their guns at his disposal, and we arranged a day at the premises, complete with lunch at noon and a beer tasting get together at dusk, to which he wholeheartedly agreed, even to the point of talking his employee (an international toolmaking enterprise) to foot a trophy for the friendly "two-nations" challenge thus programmed.

Enter the local newspaper, and the tale of a eccentric that would willingly burden himself with almost 10 pounds of gear thru 10.000 air miles (and back) was considered interesting enough that they arranged to send a journalist and a photographer (no doubt our guest will bragg in front of his friends at the UK when I send him the clippings).

Moreover, as I myself am a pistoleer, I will lend him my big bore pistol (a customized commercial Gov't model) and my SP (a Hammerli 208) because he expressed extreme pleasure at the mere idea of shooting handguns that go "bang", himself being devoid of that possiblity in his country.

Whatever the outcome of the shootout (that really doen't matter) don't you think this is a marvelous example of international comradeship between shooters, more so that they weren't known to each other?

Just thought it was a good piece of news (although a trifle one) at an otherwise troubled time for us shooters.
dulcmr-man

Re: International Shooting Comradeship

Post by dulcmr-man »

Wonderful!!! The international shooting community is alive and well!!

Dennis C
Palmdale, CA
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

Really nice of you to have shared. Fantastic result.
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

I have been to 20 countries, most of the USA and 4 provinces in the sport and have always found shooters to be some of the nicest people you will meet. Good going for your club!! Don in Oregon
ShootWithStyle

Post by ShootWithStyle »

I agree. Shooters in these disciplines are amongst the kindest people I have ever met. I've not travelled as much as I would like but I have open invitations to shoot in Ireland, France, the Netherlands, and Serbia just to name a few. I just have to find time to actually travel for a bit.

I never used to send anything via post, but now find myself routinely exchanging cards and parcels with my overseas shooting friends.

Most of them happen to be female. Very, very attractive females...with rifles. Not sure how that happened. lol

Joe from the USA
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Typical for shooters. I've competed all over the United States, and in seven other countries. You won't find a finer group of people.
Dan Ide

Post by Dan Ide »

When ever some people come to visit, usually Deere or Alcoa plants, and one of the company hosts is a member of our gun club, they seem to jump at a chance to shoot rifle or handguns. Especially those from really gun restricted European or UK countries. Don't know if it effects any sales, but the visitors sure have fun.