Some help with translation please

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

remmy223

Some help with translation please

Post by remmy223 »

Could anybody here please translate this for me Google translate doesnt really help when trying to make sense of the numbers.

Specifically

Weiteste and beste teiler and what the numbers relate to.

Couldnt post the pic as its too big so iv linked it in my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1b6byfcoi9he ... 3.jpg?dl=0

Thanks
scausi

Re: Some help with translation please

Post by scausi »

Your drop box does,nt work for me.
beste teiler= best factor
weiteste = widest
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

Here ya go, that should help.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

Suggest using Google Translate:

Serien = Series
Zähler = counter
Innerzehner = inner 10?
Weiteste = literally 'widest, or longest, broadest' - essentially in this context I believe it to mean extreme group size.
Beste Teiler = Average shot spread?
Trefferlage = Adjustment to perfect shot?
Streitwert = ??? literally means dispute. Looking at the numbers it may be standard deviation.
Image Image
Curlyjim

Post by Curlyjim »

remmy223,

Do you have any idea what system the data came from? I think you will have more luck in deciphering this if you can find a manual for that system. Even if it's in German, translating any descriptions they give might shed some light. You can translate the labels, but that obviously doesn't tell you how some of the numbers were derived or what the notation means.

Curlyjim
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

Curlyjim wrote:remmy223,

Do you have any idea what system the data came from? I think you will have more luck in deciphering this if you can find a manual for that system. Even if it's in German, translating any descriptions they give might shed some light. You can translate the labels, but that obviously doesn't tell you how some of the numbers were derived or what the notation means.

Curlyjim

It's from a Meyton system. I have several manuals for their products but haven't found anything or I've missed it whilst looking.
Curlyjim

Post by Curlyjim »

remmy223 wrote:
Curlyjim wrote:remmy223,

Curlyjim

It's from a Meyton system. I have several manuals for their products but haven't found anything or I've missed it whilst looking.
I couldn't find anything online. Looks like you might have to contact Meyton.

Curlyjim
Bone Idle

Post by Bone Idle »

why bother...
Last edited by Bone Idle on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albert T

Post by Albert T »

Ergebnis = score both in tenths of point and whole points (between brackets).
Serien = score per serie of 10 shots.
Zahler = number of shots in 10-ring, 9-ring, 8-ring, and so on.
Weiteste = farthest hit from center of target, (I dont know what the number between brackets stand for, possibly the shot number)
Beste Teiler = the distence from the center of the shot closest to the center of the target, the next closest shot, and so on. (In Germany they sometimes do a match in a match who scores the shot closest to the center of the target)
Trefferlage = the average point of impact calculated over all the match-shots in millimeters from the center of the target. "Rechts" is to the right, Hoch"" is above.
Streuwert = spread in milimeters: the total spread (C.T.C. of a circle), then the horizontal spread, then the vertical spread.

Hopes this helps.
Albert
(The Netherlands)
Curlyjim

Post by Curlyjim »

Well, that all makes sense. At first I couldn't reconcile the Beste Teiler numbers until it occurred to me that they might be shown in 100ths of a millimeter from dead center. Then the numbers in parens could be the shot number. You would need that kind of precision to keep from having a lot of ties. Excellent, Albert T.

Curlyjim
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

@Albert T

Many thanks my friend.
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

"Teiler" (Divider) is a typical german and austrian phrase, used in regional competitions - the unit is 1/100 mm, so it's completely different to ring/point scoring. Best shot is a 0-Teiler (zero Teiler), which would be 0/100 mm from the center. 61 Teiler = 61/100 mm (0,61 mm) from center. In former times the manufacturers of those Teiler-machines had also conversion tables to convert the Teilers into points.

The Meyton system offers this scoring method for these old-time shooting competitions, mainly for finding the "Schuetzenkoenig" ("King of the marksmen"/Shooters king). With these vintage machines the target (or only the bullseys) was fixed on a plate, and a pin was put into the bullet hole. The round plate rotates, and the scale shows the excentric position of the shot (sorry, I have never described this in English...), see this picture here:
http://www.feuerbixler.de/photo/h27-teilermessung-2.jpg
and the description (in German, but the pictures are in English...)
http://www.feuerbixler.de/history27.html#Auswertung

The problem with the old machines was just, that you damaged the hole and could not repeat the scoring in case of a doubt. And because all these machines scored different, one could not compare the scores of one competition with another, if they used a different type of machine.

Meyton of course uses an optical scoring method and only the "old" Teiler units.
nglitz

Post by nglitz »

When the Air pistol range was on commercial row at Camp Perry, they had one of these scoring machines. A very wonderfully precise bit of machinery.

No one (including me) had any idea how to work it, but it was neat to look at.
Norm
in beautiful, gun friendly New Jersey
fverhoeven

Post by fverhoeven »

Hi,

For the "streuwert" the standard deviation is used (according to the FAQ on this site: http://www.meyton.info/de/kundenforum-k ... index.html, seems to be in english as well).

Regards,
Frits