PELLET CHOICE USING RWS R 10 MATCH

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

left360

Re: PELLET CHOICE USING RWS R 10 MATCH

Post by left360 »

Every other year or so I buy pellets from Pyramid Air when they have a holiday 10% sale (Black Friday, Christmas, 4th of July, etc.). Combining their 4 tins for the price of three, free shipping over $150 and the 10% sale, RWS Basics were $4.62 a tin delivered the last time I purchased them. Not all of their sales can be combined with free shipping though.

Our hosts Vogel pellets are nice though they only come in the heavier weight.
orionshooter

Post by orionshooter »

Rover wrote:Why would you even CARE what pellet the factory used; you can't buy them and I just told you not to.

I guess you didn't do a search or you would have found this post by me:

"To simplify this whole pellet business:

1) It doesn't matter.

2) If it did matter, only the lot # of the pellets matters; not size, not weight, not brand.

3) The accuracy of the lot can only be determined by testing. But then, it doesn't matter."
Darticus take heart. Rover is re-confirming an old theory. "No one is totally useless, you can always serve as a bad example"
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Rover wrote:I guess you didn't do a search or you would have found this post by me:

"To simplify this whole pellet business:

1) It doesn't matter.

2) If it did matter, only the lot # of the pellets matters; not size, not weight, not brand.

3) The accuracy of the lot can only be determined by testing. But then, it doesn't matter."
He might of course have seen your post but chosen to reject or ignore it.

One of the important skills when learning to shoot, as we all continue to do, is to listen to all advice received and then choose which to reject as not useful or plain wrong.

Unfortunately, when an individual has given much such rejected advice then there is a tendency to ignore or reject all of that person's advice in the future.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Got any advice for ME?
spektr

Post by spektr »

I shoot Vogel Orange because I'm a tightwad, and my Feinwerkbau outshoots me by such a rediculous margin that testing anything is sort of silly....