SCATT reduced target size incorrect?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

wasatch

SCATT reduced target size incorrect?

Post by wasatch »

Using the SCATT software I wanted to print some targets scaled for reduced distance (3.7m) AP dry fire. But the black area of the target that printed for 3.7m was only 14.5mm which looked to small when I aimed at it. At 3.7m target distance my math (3.7m/10m)*59.5mm = 22mm should be the target size. If the target is being scaled only for dry fire and not for scoring then doesn't the simple ratio make the correct size?

Also, what are the Target Type options (in pic)? Selecting through them seems to only change the clip area with no affect on target size.

Thanks!
Attachments
SCATT print target options.png
John Marchant

Re: SCATT reduced target size incorrect?

Post by John Marchant »

You will need to select the second one down, Air Pistol 10 metre 4.5mm as this is the target that you want Scatt to scale down for you.
Scatt Home Trainer prints a target 22mm in diameter in a 50mm square whereas Scatt Solution prints a target 22mm in diameter in a standard 170mm square. Just tried it.
Suggest that you update your Scatt software to the latest version 6.74 and try again.
wasatch

Re: SCATT reduced target size incorrect?

Post by wasatch »

Updated to SCATT 6.74 and having same problem on my Win 8.1 laptop. Another thing is the target prints off center inside of the clip area. I also tried printing to pdf attempting to eliminate any printer compatibility issue.

It might be a Windows 8.1 incompatibility. On my Win 7 work pc the print target works fine (printed a 22mm target for 3.7m) and the target & clip area are centered.