trust in your equipment

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

yana

trust in your equipment

Post by yana »

I recently found out that trusting my equipment is crucial for my shooting.
I've had 2 issues with rifles:
- my .22 LR matchrifle had trigger issues.Shot going off prematurely and sometimes trigger not cocking.
It was a trigger setting problem. But especially the premature shot made me very nervous upon taking up trigger slack.
I seem to have solved it now, but still dont trust it as I did. Takes time I guess.
- same issue as above with 1 of my match aiirifles. Premature shot.

Both rifles were set at factory settings btw. I guess the wear over time makes adjustment too light.

Anyone had this trust issue as well?
Pat McCoy

Re: trust in your equipment

Post by Pat McCoy »

Once you have had the triggers reset by a competent gunsmith, you need to accept his/her ability and just go back to shooting. What you allow to remain in your mind, is up to you. If you cannot accept that the trigger is fixed, find a gunsmith that you DO have faith in.
Andre

Re: trust in your equipment

Post by Andre »

Either take it to a gunsmith who you trust or research online and see if it's something you can fix yourself. If you don't trust it already, look at it closely and don't be afraid to adjust some screws. Just keep track of their pre-adjustment position (take a photo) so you can turn them back to factory.