Pan Am Games coverage?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

abinok

Pan Am Games coverage?

Post by abinok »

Has anybody found any video from the Pan Am games? After the coverage from Baku, I was a little supprised to see very little coverage on youtube at all.
Gerard

Re: Pan Am Games coverage?

Post by Gerard »

Though a Canadian shooter, Lynda Keijko, won gold in both 25m pistol and 10m AP, apparently this sport is too obscure/trivial to bother broadcasting. There's about a 7 minute featurette with a few seconds of shooting included, mostly a fluff interview with the shooter, which the CBC deemed worthy of airing. 7 minutes would have been good enough to edit together highlights of the finals in both events and promote awareness of the sport. But no, apparently it's about letting her hair down and looking cute for the cameras in a studio and chatting with an airhead interviewer... pathetic. But congratulations to Lynda who shot her typical game, a great pistol shooter just like her sister Dorothy. Amazing focus and consistency.
renzo

Post by renzo »

May my tongue fall dead if I'm speaking lies, but hasn't anybody (besides me) thought that the lack of interest of the I.S.S.F. could be due to the fact that the PAG organizers chose OTHER electronic target system that isn't SIUS-ASCOR?
trinity

Post by trinity »

No I don't think the lack of coverage has anything to do with the fact the ESTs were all Megalinks. I think the lack of coverage is typical Canadian TV BS. "OMG, guns! run away!" is the typical response.

In this case, it was "OMG, guns! well, it's part of the PanAms, so we'll do a fluffy interview and hide as much of the actual sport as possible."

I think the ISSF was actually quite interested in the PAG in Toronto. The president Olegario was there. Gary Anderson was there. They watched a number of finals in the VIP seats in the stands while discussing whatever it is that the big wigs discuss.

-trinity
renzo

Post by renzo »

OK, I take your word for it, but then WHY didn't the ISSF website publish the results?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

renzo wrote:OK, I take your word for it, but then WHY didn't the ISSF website publish the results?
Have you seen an abundance of scores from the European Championships (on at the moment) on the ISSF web site?

They rarely cover results from Continental Championships/Games.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

All European and PAG scores are published on the ISSF website. Click on Championship -> Results -> and choose the match. The only exception as of now are the 2015 PAG scores, which have not been posted yet, but (as with all previous PAGs) they will certainly be posted soon.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

shaky hands wrote:The only exception as of now are 2015 PAG scores, which has not been posted yet, but (as with all previous PAGs) they will certainly be posted soon.
As I said, nothing from the European Championships in Maribor either. Like the PAG I'm sure they will appear.

The advantage of using Sius equipment is that they run a very good results service results.sius.com/Championships.aspx. Providing that the range infrastructure is up to it then you get virtually instantaneous score updates. (It doesn't do anything to reduce my workload)
trinity

Post by trinity »

I remember talking to the main jury and they will be putting out a final results book. I imagine they are working on that now. I am not sure if that result book will appear on the ISSF site, or the TO2015 site.

You can find individual results here on the official TO2015 site:

http://results.toronto2015.org/IRS/en/s ... esults.htm

If you click into a particular event, you can download that event's result in a PDF form. I know, navigation is certainly not the best, but the numbers are there.

I don't know if there ever will be results at the level of ISSF world cups where they show the individual target faces. But if you are only looking for numbers, the TO2015 site has it all.

-trinity