Success breeds success?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

holmqer

Success breeds success?

Post by holmqer »

Last night in the .22LR portion of a 2 gun match, I shot my best ever score of 280/300 on a National Match Course.

Previously my best ever score was 268 in practice (4 days ago), with 256 as my best ever match score, and my match average at an all time high of 233.

Buoyed by this success I broke a personal record in the center fire portion of the match.

I made no conscious change in technique in an effort to improve, I was just having fun at our weekly 2 gun Bullseye match, rushing to the range after a long day at work and wanting to unwind, thinking more about my upcoming vacation than anything else.

Today, after packing for my trip, I shot a personal best 532/600 in 10m Air Pistol practice beating my previous personal record of 523.

Is a somewhat common phenomenon in shooting like the Roger Bannister 4 minute mile where I broke some psychological barrier now that I have proven to myself that I can do better than I ever realized? Or is it more likely I subconsciously solved some problem in my technique that was holding me back, and just don't realize consciously what I fixed? Or am I just on a lucky streak?
Rover

Re: Success breeds success?

Post by Rover »

You're having fun, but remember: Familiarity breeds!